Just got a shipment of tissue cultures in.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Expanding my shop to include tissue cultures.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Are you going to learn how to do tissue culture plants at home so you can cut out the middle man?

Are you going to learn how to do tissue culture plants at home so you can cut out the middle man?
I've done quite a bit of research on that, and right now I don't think I have the space. I would need to have a sterile environment wouldn't I?

Yeah it helps to have a sterile environment but mainly for the plants being cultured. You don't need a clean room or anything like that, just clean equipment, gloves, mask and a clean area to work (benchtop). If bacteria, yeast or fungus get into the culture containers, they feed on the nutrients and hormones in it and grow like mad.

Yeah it helps to have a sterile environment but mainly for the plants being cultured. You don't need a clean room or anything like that, just clean equipment, gloves, mask and a clean area to work (benchtop). If bacteria, yeast or fungus get into the culture containers, they feed on the nutrients and hormones in it and grow like mad.
Maybe i'll give it a try. Right now, each of these cups cost me $3.95. I could probably make them for much cheaper.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back