Just found a few fry during Water change

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jonny-5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just spotted these few fry in my bucket during water change. They must be brand new, They wasnt even free swimming when i cupped them out

Attachments

• 20210227_140939.jpg
    20210227_140939.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210227_140914.jpg
    20210227_140914.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 68
Guppy fry, i have selected a breeding pair, So hopefully they will be nice colours. Wouldnt of said any of the females were even pregnant though. They are barely 15 weeks old, so still juveniles really & showed no signs of pregnancy
Another thing still no Cory eggs found 1 of the females is huge & ready to burst, she gets plenty of male attention & the chasing starts but thats as far as its gone so far?

Last edited:
Guppy fry, i have selected a breeding pair, So hopefully they will be nice colours. Wouldnt of said any of the females were even pregnant though. They are barely 15 weeks old, so still juveniles really & showed no signs of pregnancy
Another thing still no Cory eggs found 1 of the females is huge & ready to burst, she gets plenty of male attention & the chasing starts but thats as far as its gone so far?
Give them time. My did nothing fir first few months then bam!

These are the fry of a selected pair that were father daughter with the best colours, Now these have been born i may get rid of the mothers & grow these out, Dont want too much family breeding going on ?

One of my female cories is the same way. Teasing me since she's such a huge chonker, seems to get chonkier by the day, but still hasn't laid eggs!

One of my female cories is the same way. Teasing me since she's such a huge chonker, seems to get chonkier by the day, but still hasn't laid eggs!
Same as mine then. My cory tank is under Salt dosing right now so i doubt they will be 100% happy. I keep cleaning the glass and doing water changes too so think they are a little stressed

I have 2 big fat females & 2 more that are still young but slowly getting fatter 1 of my stressed Albinos died tonight so that would of made 5 young fatties

She didnt look so clever when i got her home from LFS last week though & then she stopped eating so i tried a breeder & target feeding frozen bloodworm & garlic guard but she still wouldnt eat

Last edited:
Just get about 25 of them. About every 2 weeks my tank is full of Cory eggs. This last spawn brought me the large brood that I have right now...55-65. I only had 7 die in the first few days. This is my 5th group that I’ve had. Rest have been very healthy. Your time will come. :)

Just get about 25 of them. About every 2 weeks my tank is full of Cory eggs. This last spawn brought me the large brood that I have right now...55-65. I only had 7 die in the first few days. This is my 5th group that I’ve had. Rest have been very healthy. Your time will come. :)
I have 15 aeneus right now (two of those albinos) but not all in the same tank just yet. Seven of them were only hatched in October though, so might still be a bit too young for spawning! Hoping for more luck when the 11 join the four in the big tank. Chonky girl probably wants more male attention... the tease!

I have so much fun just watching them develop and grow. It’s so amazing! I have 8 pandas in a tank by them selves. 6 are still young. I hope they breed at some point. Would love some panda fry. :)

I have so much fun just watching them develop and grow. It’s so amazing! I have 8 pandas in a tank by them selves. 6 are still young. I hope they breed at some point. Would love some panda fry. :)
Ooohh, panda cory babies would be the cutest!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back