Just Aquired An Oscar

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
:lol:

You can get black and white oscars. Nothing strange there really. If I ever see one I will buy one.
I honestly see them more often than not around here, the ones with white instead of red and ones that are white with red instead of black with red. I don't really see the pretty black and red ones all too much.

The Black and white ones go black/greenish and red later, i had one that was almost zebra striped and reverted back to normal tiger oscar colour with just a bit of white edging on the fins.

On topic, if I was ever running a company that sells fish, the fish I would give away under those "customer appreciation" circumstances, even if i was not even thinking about the fishes well being, it wouldn't be an oscar.

Let's face it, even though oscars are common as can be, they can still be sold for good money. And that's the biggest part of running a business. Making money.

If there were a fish to give as "costumer appreciation" once again, well being of fish not involved, it'd likely be a common livebearer of sorts or a small danio. You know. Cheap things that you can throw in there for free and say "thank you for giving us money, now have a cheap fish that we'd only make an extra dime on" not "We're giving away oscar fish so they can eat the fish you just bought and grow too large for your tank"

White n blacks are just very young oscars,
292te9w.jpg

Then to this
IMG_4854.jpg

then to this
eggz023.jpg

I love how oscars look so grumpy lol. There is a big tank at my LFS (one of the many large displays) that has a group of oscars and they look at you with that grumpy face. Neat fish..

Yeah me too :lol:

I've just been traulling google to find a pic of one. :rolleyes: I have one, but it's in a book. May have to take a pic on my phone and upload it :lol:

I've tagged you on facebook in it. :good:

oscar.jpg

What fish store gives away Oscars to people that don't have a clue how to keep them?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back