Just Aquired An Oscar

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
My friend ordered some fish online the other day, it has now come today, He bought a bolivian ram and 8 Black skirt tetras,
They also sent him a bloody oscar which he didnt order.
There was a note saying 'were giving out free oscars for christmas :S '
His tank is only 25G.
He called me to help him, I looked at this oscar now and it a weird looking one, its looks like a normal tiger oscar shape but has a white pattern instead of red and its approx 2-3 inches.
Hes gave it to me now.....
Can I keep it? With my current stocking or take it to lfs?
Pics up in a sec.

can you please let me know which company your friend used, so that I never use them myself.

People come on this forum for advice but I get people like you commenting #105### where its not needed.

Seriously, im going to find another forum now.
To many Rude #17##### people here.

To be honest snake, some are doubting that you really have a 200G tank. You showed video of your Convicts in what looked like about a 20 G tank. When asked repeatedly for pics or vids of the tank in question, you avoid providing them. If you just provided a pic or vid, everyone would stop doubting you. Personally, I don't know what you would have to gain by saying you have a bigger tank if you don't. Nobody cares what size tank anyone else has. People just don't like getting duped. As a consequence of this, now some are doubting some of your other claims as well. Like others have said, pics provide proof.

An Oscar with that coloration would be a juvenile wild type (original type.) The ones we are used to now are color mutations, with additional red.

You do make some very odd topics, daily too... 900 gallon fish tanks, smashing up fish tanks and so on.
Seems you've got more going on then a daily episode of CSI.

But back to topic, if true think i'd like to know the company too?
also from your topic y'day, tiger barbs will now not be a good idea with an Oscar :lol:

well i guess you could start it in your 39 gallon until you think hes big enough to hold his own against your convicts in your 200. Or you could just put it in the 200 if your think it'll be ok with them. really depends on how big and how mean your convicts are lol.

:lol:

You can get black and white oscars. Nothing strange there really. If I ever see one I will buy one.

Snake, I will miss your posts if you go. :( While I don't view most of them as legitimate questions, I do find them highly entertaining. Kind of like a daily soap opera.

Holy Mary mother of God.
What sort of company does this? Must be a serious amount of oscars. Any pictures? Would love to see one, the white I'm not so sure of, maybe a juvi.
If you cannot keep it then send it back, at their cost saying its not what was ordered. Report them to the RSPCA. They cannot give out tank busters and not know whether anyones tank can house them for life.
Then tell them to go to mass and pray for their sins.

140px-Joker_black_02.svg.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back