Just another type of guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Some of my glass belly Guppies the usual type and albinos,
it's interested seeing the development of babies inside mother,
IMG_1493 (640x480).jpg IMG_1485 (640x480).jpg IMG_1446 (640x480).jpg IMG_3088.jpg

i have taking glass belly guppies to a fish auction to find no one's interested in them
I think it's one of those fish that you like or you don't it seems more people don't,

There is something a little off putting when you see all those little fry in there at first, but I agree that it would also be fascinating to see! One of my regular old mutt guppies has been looking boxy for almost a week now, and she looks miserable this time poor thing, she's huge. Actually being able to see just how big those fry must be by now, by looking at yours, I can see why she's not happy!

I would love a pair or trio of these, they're very cool.

You can see her swim bladder! One of my females is a blonde, and a week before she had her first batch of fry, she started to have some slight swim bladder issues. Her tail end would drift upwards, although she could straighten up to swim when she wanted to. NC suggested that because she was so gravid, the fry could be pressing on her swim bladder, and sure enough, when she dropped them, swim bladder problem resolved. While she isn't a glass belly, she's blonde and just transparent enough in the back half that I thought it must be her swim bladder that I can see, and yes, you can see it on these guys!

You aren't in the UK by any luck are you? I'd be tempted to get a pair :)

There is something a little off putting when you see all those little fry in there at first, but I agree that it would also be fascinating to see! One of my regular old mutt guppies has been looking boxy for almost a week now, and she looks miserable this time poor thing, she's huge. Actually being able to see just how big those fry must be by now, by looking at yours, I can see why she's not happy!

I would love a pair or trio of these, they're very cool.
that's an old photo of a female. i have recently got new stock when I get them breeding and have some spare I can send you some if you're willing to pay for postage

that's an old photo of a female. i have recently got new stock when I get them breeding and have some spare I can send you some if you're willing to pay for postage
I would definitely pay for postage of course. I'm currently medicating my tanks for worms and wouldn't be able to bring in new fish straight away anyway, but let me know when you have some juveniles to spare and we'll see if we can make a deal. Thank you!

I would definitely pay for postage of course. I'm currently medicating my tanks for worms and wouldn't be able to bring in new fish straight away anyway, but let me know when you have some juveniles to spare and we'll see if we can make a deal. Thank you!
no probs it won't be long before I have a tank full lol

My Glassbellies are doing ok. Very small and under developed fry.

However I have several now!

i have taking glass belly guppies to a fish auction to find no one's interested in them
I think it's one of those fish that you like or you don't it seems more people don't,
It's always a matter of personal preference. But that makes the market so vivid and interesting.

many species of livebearers go through phases atm there are many people interested in the limia species
I'm keeping limia species overhere as well...
They can crossbreed with mollies. Eventhough, mollies can crossbreed with guppies, guppies won't crossbreed with limias.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back