Just a few questions...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Maybe hang the lights above the tank. You would have to build a frame from wood or metal and have the lights on that. You can also put plastic or wood blocks under the light (on top of the tank) to raise it up a bit.

Maybe hang the lights above the tank. You would have to build a frame from wood or metal and have the lights on that. You can also put plastic or wood blocks under the light (on top of the tank) to raise it up a bit.
Ok I can use lego to be under the lights, good idea! Will do so.

The GH at 3 if this is 3 dH (as opposed to 3 ppm) is OK. Given the back and forth over the light with Colin, I am more inclined to think light may be the issue. Floating plants are fast growers and that means they need strong light and plentiful nutrients. I do not mean midday sun but they do need good light. Bing in shade is not going to provide this I wouldn't think. The artificial light needs to be the right spectrum to drive photosynthesis. I am still convinced that wet leaves is not the problem here.

The GH at 3 if this is 3 dH (as opposed to 3 ppm) is OK. Given the back and forth over the light with Colin, I am more inclined to think light may be the issue. Floating plants are fast growers and that means they need strong light and plentiful nutrients. I do not mean midday sun but they do need good light. Bing in shade is not going to provide this I wouldn't think. The artificial light needs to be the right spectrum to drive photosynthesis. I am still convinced that wet leaves is not the problem here.
It is a full spectrum light and worked very well before with my frogbit. They all grew fast and well. I add a sponge filter, and it turns yellow. Same goes for my QT.

It is a full spectrum light and worked very well before with my frogbit. They all grew fast and well. I add a sponge filter, and it turns yellow. Same goes for my QT.

This just doesn't make sense. My sponge filters, which I use in two tanks both thick with floating plants cannot possibly cause spray and bubbles like this.

Ok so it's not the light(because it worked well before), it's not the sponge filter(because it's doing well in my QT). I think it's because I took it out of the tank to put in the storage box, and it didn't grow so well in there, so it's recovering in my 55g.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back