Jungle Massive

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my new set. It's more of a jungle style tank. Using plants that I either have never used or haven't used for a while. Mainly crypts, there is some really rare ones in here, also some unknown crypts.

Water change...

image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Benasoni tetra

Glass shrimp (very cheap reliable algae eater!)

Tetra

Emporer

New growth on sword

Pearling hydrocotyle japan

Full tank

ian said:
Hi guys, this is my new set. It's more of a jungle style tank. Using plants that I either have never used or haven't used for a while. Mainly crypts, there is some really rare ones in here, also some unknown crypts.

wow thats a stunning tank

I saw your journal on this tank and loved it... I was about to ask if it was low-tech but if your hydrocotyle is pearling I'm guessing it's CO2?

Very nice as usual Ian.

Nicely done, wish my tanks looked even half as good as this one!

TallTree01 said:
Cool man!
Is that a DIY tank?

It's very nice, and no that's not DIY. I'm pretty certain it's an ADA signature.

Scape is coming along nicely Ian, good to see crypts again. I need to get rid of some of my plant eaters and get my plant stocks back up to jungle levels.

It looks nice. I would be interested to know how you get all the different plants to live in the same conditions as one another, get the flow right to so many areas of a tank at once without trial and error, or do you find some die off and you do actually need to re-jig the plants. If it were my tank, only some would survive and others would never really get a foot hold. Any comments would probably help me a lot.

Thanks guys and girls!

@ talltree, the tank and cabinet are a TMC signature and the lighting is the new TMC aqua bars.

@ coolie, thanks...I have been aquascaping for about 7 years now, and believe me, it takes a while to get the flow and distribution of flow correct in a tank. Luckily I don't get much if any algae, I put this down to good tank maintenance. It's a lot about being patient as well. Plants always take time to adapt, and people will often give up with plants when they are going through their transitional period from emersed to submersed transition.

yes.gif
 very nice

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back