Jungle Fungus Eliminator

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bsemantic

Reaction score
I noticed a white cottony growth on the tail of one of my swordtails. After doing some research, I have read that it is most likely fungus. I treated the tank with Jungle Fungus Eliminator and removed the carbon filter. My question was this the right thing to do and should I cut back on the food for a little while? Also it turned the water a yellow green color. Is this normal and should I treat again after 4 days like the bottle recommends? :/

All I can say is that do not rely on Jungle products. Few people have had success with them, including me. I have tried using the fungus eliminator by Jungle, but it does not work. None of their products work. Try anything else besides Jungle. Ask a moderator, they know all about the good products. -_-

I have had good luck with Jungle Fungus Eliminator, but Jesse is not wrong - it is uncommon. My opinion on meds, is that with no prior personal experience to go on, one is just as good as another (provided you diagnose correctly). If you try one and it doesn't work for you, don't use that kind again. ;)

Anyway, opinions aside... Have you done the right thing? If you diagnosed correctly you did. I would never advise interrupting a treatment, unless it becomes apparent that the treatment itself is doing more harm to the fish than the condition being treated. Removing the carbon was correct. The yellow/green color is normal. Finish the treatment as prescribed. (Unless the above described condition is met.) Do not put the same filter media back in the tank, go with new sponge/carbon.

Seems like you caught the problem pretty quick, which can often cause confusion for beginners. The life cycle of whatever pathogen you have has just kicked in, and will continue to thrive until the meds catch up and intervene. This can seem like adding the meds actually fed the pathogen.

Thus why I say never to interrupt a treatment. :) Anyway, if the Jungle product is already in the tank, might as well give it it's course.

If by the end of the prescribed treatment it appears that the Jungle product has helped, but not solved the problem, you may consider repeating the treatment. If the Jungle product provides no improvement, or worse yet, the pathogen continues to spread, then drop the jungle ASAP and try something else.

Jungle Fungus Eliminator is the only product of theirs I recommend. I'm using it now for flex and it works great, gentle on rest of fish but effective.

I use the jungle products all the time with great luck to I might add I dont like the fungus medicine that they have I think mardel products are great they have a medicine called Maroxy that is real good it works fast to. I hope it gets better for you

Thanks all for the reply. None of the fish seem to be in any distress. I fed them once yesterday morning. I treated the tank yesterday early afternoon and have not fed since. Is it okay to go ahead and feed them now?

FSKM -- you hadn't heard of the Fungus Eliminator until I told you about it so how can you not like it??? :/ :/

If it were me I'd go ahead and feed 'em a little bit. Not feeding would help keep the water quality as high as possible, but if you see no stress you can feed 'em. Just be observant of how much they eat, and don't let any go to waste. Scoop any excess out with a net if you have to. Basicly treat it like a nursery tank as for as feeding goes. KEY point here! No Waste! Follow that rule & you should be ok. :)

I went and bought me some and it didnt clear up the fungus in my tank and I use thier products all the time.the start right is great have you ever tried it if you have then you would know what i am talking about.how long ago was it when you told me about this medicine

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back