June 2019 Tank of the Month Contest...VOTE NOW!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Vote for your favorite for June 2019 Tank of the Month

• PheonixKingZ

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • AJE

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Deanasue

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Gardeny

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Moony42

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
fishforums-tank-vote.jpg

PLEASE VOTE!
vote-totm.png

We have 5 worthy entrants for this month's Tank of the Month Contest. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for TOTM

Itā€™s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on June 11 at 4pm.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my tank......
6775E014-02FA-4CBC-AC59-57309E7998AB.jpeg

Tank Specs.

Size: 2.5 gal.

Lighting: LED 60 WATT desk clip lamp.

Lid: Plastic rap.

Material: Acrylic.

Plants: ā€œDomeā€ moss, Anacharis ( I have no root tabs, because I am doing an experiment, on if you can grow plants, in a very basic aquarium.),and algae, (specifically grown for Nerite snail)

Fish/invertebrates: Male Super Delta Tale/ Dumbo Ear Betta Fish, 1 Zebra Nerite snail.

Decor.: Store bought ā€œpre-madeā€ rock cave, smooth white river rock (just enough to throw off the balance of just ALL brown!), 2 Tablespoon size Grey river rocks, brown/ light black river gravel (marshmallow to pea sized), and a couple of other, different colored river rocks.

Filter: API 2.5 gal. Corner tank standard (with tan panty hose, covering the filter intake).

Heater: 2-10 gal. Tetra heater.

How long has this tank been running?: 5 weeks.

ph: 7.5-7.7

Name of tank: ā€œDessert Stormā€
I like to call this tank ā€œDessert Stormā€ because of the very few plants that grow in the dessert (aka the sad looking Anacharis plants), and all of the brown/tank colors in the tank (which are also in the dessert!)

In case you are wondering, my betta fish is till recovering from his ā€œripped finā€ incident. (He is perfectly fine!)

Food: I feed my betta fish about 4, ā€œTOP FINā€ pellets every day, and occasionally a freeze dried bloodworm. I feed the ZN ( Zebra Nerite) algae mostly, when he stops pooping, I feed him blanched cucumbers.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post, and I hope you vote for my tank! Thank you again! :)

P.S. My bettas name is ā€œBlazeā€ (very fitting in my opinion.:)), and my ZN snail is named ā€œMartyā€ (even thou she is a girl! Lol, I just found that out yesterday!)

Here is ā€œDessert Stormā€ and I hope you enjoy it. :) :thanks:

Last edited:
35061741-F963-4F4A-955D-F55CC585EFE9.jpeg

This is my 15g, itā€™s only stocked with some snails, some baby red cherry shrimp and temporarily housing a green spotted puffer. It has a sponge filter, dirt-sand mix as th e substrate and the lighting is some lamp I found lol(if you vote for this tank you obviously havenā€™t seen the other tanks, so vote for them)

Last edited:
This is my Red Cherry Shrimp tank.
20 gallon long shrimp tank ( also a ramshorn snail and bladder snails).
Tetra Whisper 20/30 filter
Heated to 74F
Air stone
Feed: Crab Cuisine, Kenā€™s Veggie Sticks, tank algae, cucumber, mulberry leaves, & Indian almond leaves.
Supplements: Beta-G and Tums
Tank has been running for about 6 months. Started with 10 adult Red Cherry Shrimp but now have about 60 - 70. Clean tank weekly and do 70% water change.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
unknown.png

I present, my 10 gal. kinda blackwater betta tank!
This tank has been around since December and has changed a huge bit since then! It's not my final goal but I figured I'd plop it in here!

Stocking: I have my one betta (Her name is Jeanette Michelle Lucien Corentin Anne Fleur Oceane Lauren Pierre Marie III!) and my zebra nerite snail. (Their name is Voz'gothel, destroyer of algae.)

Plants: I have two marimo moss balls, some frogbit, some weeping moss and one Myriophyllum mattogrossense in the back.
There's spider wood, some nuts I found at the beach and boiled (I think they may be walnuts?) and other miscellaneous driftwood, as well as various oak leaves and koke stone.
The tank is kept at roughly 79 F and the filter is a Topfin silenstream 10.

As for maintenance, I do a 25% water change weekly, add a bit of API Stress Zyme, add some fresh Rooibos tea, (Cooled down, of course! The tea has no colors, caffeine or flavors added.) vacuum the gravel and when needed, change the filter.

I feed my betta two Aqueon betta pellets twice a day, and the occasional freeze-dried bloodworm, and I let the snail eat any algae around the tank.

HI GUYS!!
THIS MY BETTA ACE'S TANK
FISH TANKNEW.jpg
FISH TANKNEW.jpg

SIZE: 2.5 GALLON
LIVING INSIDE: BETTA SPLENDENS
NAME OF SPECIMEN: ACE
MATERIAL OF TANK: GLASS
LIGHTING: LED WATT 50 FOR PLANT GROWTH
FEED FOR SPECIMEN:TETRA BITS
PLANTS:COMMON AQUA FERN,COMMON AQUA GRASS ETC

HOW MUCH TIME TANK HAS BEEN THERE FOR: 5 MONTHS
NAME OF TANK: RAINFOREST PARADISE
DECOR: SMOOTHENED ROCKS

SOIL/GRAVEL/SAND:MIXED GRAVEL

THIS IS MY TANK. ACE AND I HOPE YOU VOTE FOR OUR TANK!!!
#BETTASRULE
:thanks:

:yahoo::yahoo::-

Last edited by a moderator:
End of Entries:

Slowly scroll up as you review the entries and then go to poll at top of topic and cast your vote for TOTM.

voting will end June 11th at 4pm

PS: the Fish of the Month contest will start once a winner of totm is decided. So get a neat pic of one of your fish ready to enter FOTM!

Last edited:
TANK WAR
FF035EC1-2CC5-4412-A15D-BAAFB331134D.jpeg
139EB127-095D-4751-8A58-9E59101C9FC6.png
Only 1 vote separates first and second place in the battle... your vote can make a difference.. please vote now!

Voting ends tuesday June 11th at 4pm​

Last edited:
WAR OF THE TANKS
4 tanks.jpeg

this is one close battle of 5 tough competitors
only 2 votes separate first and last place
only 1 tank can win

who will win the war?.....stay tuned!

If you haven't voted yet, go to the top of this topic and VOTE
YOUR VOTE COUNTS.png
YOUR VOTE COUNTS

Last edited:

PLEASE VOTE!
vote-totm.png

We have 5 worthy entrants for this month's Tank of the Month Contest. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for TOTM

Itā€™s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on June 11 at 4pm.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Is it too late to add my tank for this month? If so, when is the cut off day, for adding your tank, each month?

it is too late for this monthā€™ contest .. we will have the next totm contest starting July 1st.. generally you have 7 days to enter.

We will have a fish of the month contest starting middle of this week. Enter a fish that you own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back