🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ch4rlie

Moderate Moderating Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Entries for June 2015 Tank of the Month is now open
smile.png

Please start posting entries and nominations for the June 2015 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read the rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The June competition will close for entries and nominations on ~15th June 2015.

Upload your photographs onto the forum when entering the competition
( http://www.fishforum...tures-to-forum/ )

(As a side note: if there are less than 3 entries in a given month, the entries will be held over to the following month's competition.)

Ok lets get the ball rolling.  My Gourami and Rasbora tank.

23a1l.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 320
The top of the water is about 3/4 coverage with plants there is a cave under that bit of driftwood in the middle housing 3 striped Kuhil Loaches plus the 2 Gourami 1 m 1 f and 6 GlowLight Rasbora ( Trigonostigma hengeli, Hengel's Rasbora ) I went for as many plants within reason as I could because of the fish and they all seem to love it, Its fun watching thr rasboras chasing each other thru the plants at a million miles an hour and the Gouramis just casually gliding thru them, even the loaches are starting to come out at feeding time.

I also found out we have medium hard water @ 50 ppm. and a ph of 6.9 It comes out of the tap at about 7 to 7.2. I add blackwater extract  and IAL and with the right light you can hardly tell. 

I have an entry, should I wait for the July thread?

Due to lack of entries the contest has been cancelled for this month.

The moderator team will discuss the future of the contests and what can be done to make them more meaningful and stir the competitive spirit in members.

Hmmmm... I'm a bit confused about who I am to send my entry photos to... if I just upload them to my own profile or if they have to be sent direct to the competition judges....

So I'm posting it on here as it's the latest TOTM month I can find, and hope my offering will be accepted into the August competition.

When I was a young lad at school I used to have a tropical aquarium, but it was hobby that never lasted at the time. Over 30 years on, my brother's enthusiasm for his tank renewed my interest and in March this year, I bought his old aquarium system from him, complete with filter, heater and lighting.

I then spent the next month, carefully creating my own interior rock work and carefully planning the underwater garden to create the aquatic world I dreamed of.

A month or so later, the first residents were added... 6 cherry barbs, with further weekly additions of 3 False Julii Corys, 6 Neons, 3 Ottos and 3 Swordtails. One otto since died, and 2 swordtails suffered a similar fate, probably due to my efforts to move them into a seaprate breeding tank, but the replacements have survived and given me my first offspring!

The original Hygrophilia plants went wild, and the Cabomba grew voraciously so weekly gardening takes place, the cuttings being replanted again. A further addition of Hygrophilla Rosa Australis provides an interesting varient, with it's pink variegated leaves at the tips...

I hope you like what I've achieved in 3 months!

My validation photograph...

Can someone please confirm that my pics have been received and entered into the August competiton?!

Thanks..

Hairy Trev

Attachments

• DSC00500.JPG
    DSC00500.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC00501.JPG
    DSC00501.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 290
Hairy_Trev said:
Hmmmm... I'm a bit confused about who I am to send my entry photos to... if I just upload them to my own profile or if they have to be sent direct to the competition judges....

So I'm posting it on here as it's the latest TOTM month I can find, and hope my offering will be accepted into the August competition.

As I mentioned in the post before yours, that am afraid the competitions at the moment has been suspended due to the lack of entries in recent months.

We, the Moderating Team, are in the process of trying to revamp the competition to entice more entries. Though this may not happen for a little while yet.

Watch this space ;)

I think these competitions are a great idea and I hope you guys can drum up some entries!

I still say you should feature them on the main page like they were when I started in this forum. Its what got me interested in this forum to begin with and especially encouraged me to come up with a great tank setup that could win. 

Nice tank! I want to try and get my piranha tank looking like that plant wise lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back