June 2013 - Totm Banter

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Iiriva said:
daizeUK- Yes, I keep a blog about my tanks, but it's written in finnish.

http://liquefied.blogspot.fi/

Google translate to the rescue!  I love the picture of Sméagol the frog :)
Am I right in thinking your 200L is mostly planted with hygrophila and saggitaria?  Do you use injected or liquid carbon?

Sophie1992 said:

I'm pretty sure it's Rotala Indica, but it could be Rotala Rotundifolia - The Tropica peg in the pot just says Rotala but judging by how it's growing/looks it seems like Indica.

Aha I've been scared off Rotala since it likes high light and I have less than 2 WPG.  How strong is your lighting?

daizeUK said:

I'm pretty sure it's Rotala Indica, but it could be Rotala Rotundifolia - The Tropica peg in the pot just says Rotala but judging by how it's growing/looks it seems like Indica.

Aha I've been scared off Rotala since it likes high light and I have less than 2 WPG.  How strong is your lighting?
Just the two T5's that came with the Juwel 260. 8 hours a day.

daizeUK said:

daizeUK- Yes, I keep a blog about my tanks, but it's written in finnish.

http://liquefied.blogspot.fi/

Google translate to the rescue!  I love the picture of Sméagol the frog
smile.png

Am I right in thinking your 200L is mostly planted with hygrophila and saggitaria?  Do you use injected or liquid carbon?

Haha, I can only imagine how funny translations the Google translator makes... Yes, you are correct, the plants are mainly those. I have no idea why my tank looks like that! I have to rip a lot of plants off because of overgrowth every few weeks. I don't use carbon or co2 in any form, or any kind of fertilizer, and the tank only has one light due to broken lamp holder. O___o Still the plants grow and breed in rapid rate.

wow this is a close battle

I know! 5 and 11 might have to go into sudden death!! They both deserve it even though they are kicking my tanks filters!

Wow this really is a close battle. Nail biting lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back