June 2013 - Fotm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Let's try keeping the banter separate from the entries once more.  (Feedback appreciated regarding your feelings about this new change.)

Hey yall! I just wanted to to tell all of you good luck to the contestants!

Ranchu - what on Earth is that fish?!  It looks amazing, never seen anything like it.  It looks permanently angry, I think my kids would be scared of it! :lol:

Ranchu, I need to know which of the first two pics is the "entry".

Nevermind.  I saw your post.  It's hidden now to keep the thread clean.

She's definitely unique!  I was just reading up on them, they can grow to 40+ inches - that's gonna be a big fish!

No worries on the verification pic Sophie.  I have a BN myself, and that's exactly what mine would have done.  I've gotten very good at spying his "form" without actually seeing him.  Your shot is actually pretty clearly his tail.

Besides, as long as we can see the TANK is the same in the verification shot, its all good.

Ranchu said:
My entry =)

Yup she's not the common PET STORE cutie-cutie. Hoping you guys would give a HARDCORE fish like her a fair chance at FOTM.

VERIFICATION:

sam5750.jpg
What is she?  What size tank is she in? How long you had her?
Sorry for all the ?'s just keen to know more.

Sophie1992 said:
Hello there Mr. Bristlenose - Why hello there Mrs Cherry Shrimp.

CompEntry-1.jpg

The tiny white spots are the ones from his tail, the Bristlenose is there, I promise! He just went and hid in his cave as soon as I put the paper up
sad.png

Great shot Sophie, you take some 
kewlpics.gif

EDIT: these quotes are taken from the competition for June 2012 FOTM

That is a really great shot of a shoal of barbs.

Now to debate for the rest of the month on the merits of fantastic photography versus the merits of the fish.

Ha ha, thank you
biggrin.png

I did want to enter this one, but figured it wasn't quite suitable for 'fish of the month'

and I love this one

I wonder if there's any demand/need/want for a fish related 'photo of the month'...?

Your second photo would win Duckweed of the Month! 
wink.png

Really love your tiger barbs, great shot!

Unfortunately i cannot enter the competition as i have not got enough posts and haven't been on here long enough 
sad.png
 but this is what would have been my entry i guess..... My neon dwarf rainbowfish:

IMG_0400_zps7813d70a.jpg

That's a great pic!  Enter the comp when you qualify... you'll have a good chance at winning!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back