July 2013 Totm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
All comments for tank of the month here please.

Are we waiting for someone to take the plunge here? I am willing with my shrimp tank but I know it isn't ready to win!

stanleo said:
Are we waiting for someone to take the plunge here? I am willing with my shrimp tank but I know it isn't ready to win!
Enter! we need more participants. Im sure its amazing. When is a tank truely finished? lol

The tank is finished when you decide to tear it down and start over.

eaglesaquarium said:
The tank is finished when you decide to tear it down and start over.
Well said XD

I dont think that mine will ever be finished... always have my arms in both tanks. :) now to get my wife to let me have a third..... ha!

I cant even talk my missus Into letting me have a 2nd lol

SLIM said:

Have you tried crying
drool.gif

Just kidding
biggrin.png

I kinda slipped it in as a "hospital tank" then it turned into my plant tank.... lol She came to me a couple months ago and said when are you taking that tank down? LOL 
I told her I will take it down when I can afford to get the right lights for my big tank.. :) she didnt like that......

Oh and by the way Slim, Your tank looks awesome!

snazy said:

Have you tried crying :drool:
Just kidding :D
Haha that might actually be worth a try. Lol
BigFish01 said:
I kinda slipped it in as a "hospital tank" then it turned into my plant tank.... lol She came to me a couple months ago and said when are you taking that tank down? LOL 
I told her I will take it down when I can afford to get the right lights for my big tank.. :) she didnt like that......
Oh and by the way Slim, Your tank looks awesome!
Lol now that is an idea worth trying. I recon she'll go for that too lol your a genius:)
Thanks by the way, love your tank too. The hardscape really sets it off

Lol good luck!

Thanks for the compliment. Its pretty easy to do a 20 gal long scape compared to my 135gal... which im doing a 100 gal water change on today with cleaning my fluval fx5 too. Whew. Five gallon bucket at a time going back in sucks.... :)
Oh yeah it all started when she gave me a hundred dollar gift card for new fish... then I set up the "qt" tank... I dunno if I will ever get another gift card now... lol

BigFish01 said:
Lol good luck!
Thanks for the compliment. Its pretty easy to do a 20 gal long scape compared to my 135gal... which im doing a 100 gal water change on today with cleaning my fluval fx5 too. Whew. Five gallon bucket at a time going back in sucks.... :)Oh yeah it all started when she gave me a hundred dollar gift card for new fish... then I set up the "qt" tank... I dunno if I will ever get another gift card now... lol
Hahahaha at least you got anither tank. I want a small heavily planted high tech nano for the kitchen. Shrimp and tetras. I quite like the fluval edges. The 46L would suit me nicely.
I aint cleaned my fx5 out in about 6 months lol I really need to get round to that lol
With water changes, why not use a hose instead of buckets. Empty and Syphon straight outside or into a sink then connect the hose to your taps and refill. Simples.

Thats what I thought. I love my little tank. It was a 20 tall but I 2anted a bigger footprint. So I went to petco while she was at work... and they had their tanks on sale for a buck a gallon. So I got it. And a new lid and light... she did notice... lol all I got was. That dont s3em too temporary... and left it at that.

with the hose I had a problem and it fell out of the tank. That was a bad day. Plus my tank is fifty ft from water source. And my polka dot loaches like to go through the tube... not to mention I have a tankless water h3ater with a mind of its own. Its either cold or shower hot. So I found that didnt work for me. I drain it into a 50 gal trash can then drag it over to my sump croc and syphon it into there and pumps push it into our "seasonal" pond... lol
I go about 4-6 months between cleanings on my filter. I hate cleaning it. I fill a five gallon bucket, squeeze one sponge a few times, then change the water in the bucket because its black. Would take it out to the garden hose but wouldnt the cold water kill the bacteria off? I have well water so there would be no chlorine in it.. Same water i take from tap and dump into the tank with no treatment. 

Drastic temp change is not good for the bacteria no. Their hard work to clean aint they lol.
We need more people to enter. Where is everyone?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back