July 2013 Potm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Please keep all comments about the pet of the month in here.

"RT"

84eb513bd80828fe9a8a68dbb13086c3_zps25fe8aad.jpg

Wow!

That's it, I'm not entering my cats this month! :D

Oh no c'mon :)

I didn't even think they had loaded, as all I can see is question marks :/ probably our stoopid connection again.
Thank you shaders, he is a handsome boy, even if a bit thick :D

Please tell me how to acquire one and buy one

Well we live in the UK and you're in the US so different rules apply.

Over here they are not considered a starter bird, but in the US they are.

I would suggest A LOT of reading up to see if they are the bird for you.

They require time, effort and skill in reaching specific weights for flying/hunting. I would suggest a mentor if you can find one.

Have you land, or someone with land that would allow you to fly the bird?

Precise weighing scales are required, trackers, bow perch or tall perch, aviary, bird bath, hoods, jess, falconry glove, food and most important lots of patience and time are needed.

When you first acquire a bird like this, they need to get used to you. -RT was 16 wks old when we got him, couldn't balance on the glove, took a while to trust us and eat BUT is so rewarding when you reach the milestones.

Maybe if you are interested, you can find an austringer local to you in the US and find out what it's all about.

:)

Thanks so much! Does it require a license?

For you it will yes, but not here - although they are trying to bring it in here.

Ahh okay. Does he like follow you around in the sky and like your able to command him? Im sorry this is just too awesome.

My husband flies him, as he gets confused otherwise, but yes, he will follow him by hopping from tree to tree :D

We were out with the ferrets one winter and working along the hedgerows, when RT moved about 50+ meters up the hedgerow.
We had the ferret on a ferret finder and hubby was using the gadget to find out where she was in the burrow. We we getting a reading to say she was close to us. I remember my husband saying "what's he doing all the way up there?"

Unbeknownst to us, the electric fence was giving us a false reading on the ferret finder, RT had been excitedly following the ferret all along! RT must have been wondering what we were doing all the way down the hedgerow :D

That's awesome! This is making me jealous haha. Do you think other birds like doves have the same potential lmao?

Yup totally, well to follow you once imprinted, however I doubt you could hunt with them :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back