Julli Cory Catfish Disease?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ultimateginger

Reaction score
This morning I looked at my tank and noticed that one of my Julii Cory catfish had lost all of his coloration, I thought he was dead but when I put the net in he swam away. He is almost a ghostly white and his one eye looks like it's bugging out. His tank mates are 2 high finned platys, a tiger platy, 2 glass catfish, a 3 week old platy fry, and another julii catfish.
What should I do? If he is sick I don't want the other fish getting sick.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 170
I really don't know much about illnesses unfortunately, you may need to quarantine him or may need to medicate the whole tank, depending on what it is. Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to tell you what it is.

Is there a chance of a better picture? Not meaning any offense, it's just a bit dark and blurry. I know it's hard to get pics though!

I think answering these questions may help someone else in knowing what is wrong with your fish and/or tank, or possibly what brought this about:
1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc)
2. A full description of the fishes symptoms.
3. How often you do water changes and how much.
4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water.
5. What tank mates are in the tank.
6. Tank size.
7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish?

Also checked out your other thread that was from last month, you were asked how you cycled your tank but never responded, so that may be of use as well?

Yeah I'm going to try for a better picture but was in a rush when I left home this morning.

Yeackkkk, that looks horrible to me. This happened overnight? Looks like a bacterial problem. As a Corylover : don't let is suffer too long.

Most reactions

Back