Juice’s Art Journey

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
you dont want people copying your drawings after all your hard work
Well they can copy all they want... Its when they take full credit or start selling it that it becomes illegal. Like lets say I was a professional artist (I'm absolutely not, this is just an example) and I saw some of her paintings and went: "Oh those look great! I want to see if I can make that as well!" So then I make them and just keep them. If people ask about the paintings I say that someone on etsy inspired me to paint this when I saw their work.
But if I respond with "Oh that's my newest painting. Thanks for the compliment" its like I would be taking full credit... And if you sell it... Well your screwed then 😅

That's amazing Juice! Keep us posted!
Are you allowed to share certain details like what type of book it is or no?
Can't wait to see how it turns out!
:rock:
I will tell you that it’s a childrens book about a bird and that’s it 😂

I have a copyright attorney in my family. Maybe I can get him to give you some guidance on copyright law.

would you need to copyright your work?
Yes that work would be copyrighted.

@Rocky998 my work is not copyrighted but I do watermark most of it and try to keep the originals and progress images with my face as proof it was me who made it.

I plan to eventually copyright it all but that’s expensive and I can’t afford it right now. Hoping to be copyrighting all future commissions (part of the reason the cost is high) as they won’t be in my possession anymore. I also have a thorough terms and conditions that I have them agree too. Obviously people can still do things but it still helps

View attachment 165411

My very first digital work, did it over a photo of the original. Color layers and the. The black outline. All done with my fingertips on my phone! Have touched up the outside for adding to merch, but very proud of this!
this drawing is fantastic...just wondering why you put the feathering effect above the ears

I have a copyright attorney in my family. Maybe I can get him to give you some guidance on copyright law.
That would be fantastic, thank you

who wrote the terms and conditions for the book deal

Yes that work would be copyrighted.

@Rocky998 my work is not copyrighted but I do watermark most of it and try to keep the originals and progress images with my face as proof it was me who made it.

I plan to eventually copyright it all but that’s expensive and I can’t afford it right now. Hoping to be copyrighting all future commissions (part of the reason the cost is high) as they won’t be in my possession anymore. I also have a thorough terms and conditions that I have them agree too. Obviously people can still do things but it still helps
Totally understandable... It would be VERY expensive. But maybe start off with copyrighting a few things. Like your more popular stuff thats on shirts....

copyrigting your work, especially for intricate artwork, is a good safety measure. But defending the copyright can be expensive I would think.

copyrigting your work, especially for intricate artwork, is a good safety measure. But defending the copyright can be expensive I would think.
Copyright for art is complicated and hard to defend, much harder than written work

Copyright for art is complicated and hard to defend, much harder than written work
Don't you sign your paintings and drawings? Then you also take progress photos... Thats already a ton of proof right there. Cause a picture is worth a thousand words. And usually pictures have dates on them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back