Join The Oscar Club, Its Just For Fun

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to get pics of mine , everytime i go near the tank its off hiding in the plants again!Must just be a little slow settler :thumbs:

Glolite, they are gorgeous, lovely find!

Cheers Indigoj.

I'm not quite sure how much to feed them. They've had around 20 medium hikari pellets but they still look hungry. Oscey was on about 10 sinking pellets a day but these 2 are bigger and they're ignoring the sinking food. They've obviously been fed floating food. On the plus side it means they don't keep pinching the catfish algae wafers though.

Glolite, they are gorgeous, lovely find!

Cheers Indigoj.

I'm not quite sure how much to feed them. They've had around 20 medium hikari pellets but they still look hungry. Oscey was on about 10 sinking pellets a day but these 2 are bigger and they're ignoring the sinking food. They've obviously been fed floating food. On the plus side it means they don't keep pinching the catfish algae wafers though.

:lol: '@ look hungry.... they are oscars they will eat 24/7 if you let them, what you are feeding sounds about right, i feed Bo about 8-10 sticks everyday,sometimes twice, and im sure thats over feeding!
but honestly, dont be tempted to over feed, its not good for them and it will mess up your water quality..Bo will eat the plecs sinking tabs even on a full guts, greedy pig he is :lol:

One way of managing to feed them when they beg is to feed one or 2 small 'main' meals and then keep a few pellets or a prawn as a 'treat' then you don't over feed but they think they have you wrapped around their fins.

8/10 pellets is what Albert takes 2 x daily, plus what ever else is left from the sinking pellets for the rest of the fish, could explain why he's grown so big so quickly, but he looks so miserable if I dont feed him ;)

aww love him :lol: Bo is like an old bloke after his sunday dinner, feeds then has a lay down..sometimes i tap the tank to let him know its feeding time and he really wont budge, he scoffs everything in sight when he does eat tho.

Thanx everyone.

Well we have our first bit of misbehaving tonight. After putting in some more pellets they both chowed down on a few then pah spit them out in bits. Never mind, won't need to feed the hoplos now.

They're also doing a mild bit of lip locking and simultaneous yawning, hopefully flirting not fighting.
We shall see.

Managed to get some pictures, these are labelled as \'wild oscar\'s \' by a very reputable fish shop so gues they\'re wild caught. Not sure if they\'re differernt in anyway apart from that :)

this was when she first went in the tank
DSCF2208.jpg

Managed to get a few before by crawline on my knee\'s so she didnt notice me

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2224.jpg

DSCF2225.jpg

and last but not least the tank they\'re in , as you can tell they like to hide , still got alot more to do on the tank but a work in progress.
DSCF2220.jpg

Hey all!

I have been wanting to get an Oscar since I started keeping fish and I finally decided to do it lol
I dont know the sex of him/her, but it has been dubbed Oscar, (I'm sure there are thousands of others named Oscar too lol)

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

This was the best of the 5 that the LFS had, his anal fin is a little beat up, but I'm treating with Melafix to get anything bad out his/her system.

Is there anything else that can be seen from these pictures that I should attend to?

Thanks for any help!

oh wowwwwwyyy!!!

what beautiful oscars !
always4lora- he could well be wild, hes quite green in colour, hes fab!
decarmore- my fave kind of oscar, he`s so so cute.. his fins will fix up in no time, lots of water changes, melafix is ok, but not really nessacery..impossible to sex till they breed, i have always treated all mine as males

if i type 300 litre tank into the ebay search bar within the next 24 hours.. im blaming you two!!
im very impressed by your choices :)

:lol:

Awww... I can't wait til I can get another one. I was drooling over the ones in the LFS near work yesterday.

Managed to get some pictures, these are labelled as \'wild oscar\'s \' by a very reputable fish shop so gues they\'re wild caught. Not sure if they\'re differernt in anyway apart from that :)

this was when she first went in the tank
DSCF2208.jpg

Managed to get a few before by crawline on my knee\'s so she didnt notice me

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2224.jpg

DSCF2225.jpg

and last but not least the tank they\'re in , as you can tell they like to hide , still got alot more to do on the tank but a work in progress.
DSCF2220.jpg

hehe as shela said he could be wild caught, the wild caughts in my eyes are stunning,some of the oscars i saw wild wilst in colombia were beautiful,Basically they have hardly any orange on them and are a greenish colour with a beautiful bold eye spot like this
oscarfish.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back