🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Joey of "King of Diy" fame is building an aquarium mostly out of wood

He is sealing it with some sort of epoxy or something.

I think it will look really nice when it's done!

I watched this video when it came out, and for a fish nerd, this guy can build.

of course I nit pick his building, but I build things every day. I would give his build a 3 out of 5 stars, simply because I could build it stronger and give him more interior volume. Although my design would be much more complicated of a build.

Based on his last plywood aquarium, he will line the interior with a paint on pond liner.

while easy to apply and effective when done right, take warning that you need to follow EVERY direction from the manufacturer when applying the coatings.

that means clean surfaces, thin, even coats, proper curing times and temperatures. Failure, and the LEAST of your worries is water damage, you could be looking at electrical fires.

that tank is going to hold a lot of water, and the fact that plywood is going to be holding it all, applying the membrane properly is CRUCIAL to avoid disaster.

I will be following this build closely.

i saw that! im interested to see how it turns out, and what fish he'll put in

Yes it is Oscars. He has them in quarantine right now.

I have heard a lot of people say recently that they don't like the King of DIY anymore and his channel is not nearly as good as it used to be. Is this true around here?

Yes it is Oscars. He has them in quarantine right now.

I have heard a lot of people say recently that they don't like the King of DIY anymore and his channel is not nearly as good as it used to be. Is this true around here?
I don’t know what are they talking about, lots of peoples hate him because things he did in the past, that is “attepted murders”
and there had been a lot of drama involving his channel.

(Part 3)
Finishing touches on Wooden Aquarium

Cool! I wish I had more of an affinity for power tools and geometry, couldn't pull off something like this.

I have heard a lot of people say recently that they don't like the King of DIY anymore and his channel is not nearly as good as it used to be.
I like Joey but I have to say I liked his channel more back in the day when it was more DIY. Oh it was interesting following the build of the gallery, and there's only so many tanks, gadgets, and gizmos a fella can build before it gets repetitive.... And it doesn't matter to me that he was rough around the edges in his youth and just so the record is straight (re: above post), I believe he was charged with attempted murder, but the accuser lied and the charges were dropped. Still, he was a hoodlum...but life goes on, kids grow up, and he changed his ways. :)

He's done some more recent build with his indoor pond a year or so ago,, his outdoor pond a few months ago, and now his Wooden Tank and stand. He is still innovating.

He's done the plywood tank before. The epoxy pond liner goop is intriguing and the stud/plywood construction would be economical for a large tank. (wheels turning) :)

He is now adding the Oscars to the 300 gallon tank. Skip to about 7 minutes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back