Job ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
๐Ÿถ POTM Poll is Open! ๐ŸฆŽ Click here to Vote! ๐Ÿฐ
You can teach art lessons on youtube or show become a daily-life tiktoker.
My daily life isnโ€™t very exciting ๐Ÿ˜‚ stand up, faint, stand up again, fall over, eat two bites of food๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

For about a year, my daughter worked about 24 hours a week (she was studying) answering phones at a hardware store, a very large orange coloured one. Each outlet had a pair of phone people, and the job went to teenagers because no one wanted it. She didn't mind it, and said while it was busy, time flew.

Because you are young and don't have the education yet, there is a shortage of work from home options. It's hard. Even call centre things need you in there. Plus I get the sense you're in a more rural area, right?

Still, I'd explore customer service type things. I know nothing of horses, but would there be any supply type places needing a good voice to answer questions?

Do you have more than one language? That would open doors.

For about a year, my daughter worked about 24 hours a week (she was studying) answering phones at a hardware store, a very large orange coloured one. Each outlet had a pair of phone people, and the job went to teenagers because no one wanted it. She didn't mind it, and said while it was busy, time flew.

Because you are young and don't have the education yet, there is a shortage of work from home options. It's hard. Even call centre things need you in there. Plus I get the sense you're in a more rural area, right?

Still, I'd explore customer service type things. I know nothing of horses, but would there be any supply type places needing a good voice to answer questions?

Do you have more than one language? That would open doors.
Thanks! Yes it is tricky. I am in a somewhat rural area, but only 20 minutes from town.

I do not have more than one language, unless pig Latin counts๐Ÿ˜†

Pig Latin counts. It doesn't help in the job market though.

My sister used to make money buying bird houses and then painting them to resell. It was not a lot of money, but she is artistic and was living out in the northern middle of nowhere. She talked a couple of touristy stores into carrying them. Maybe something in that direction? I can botch drawing a stick person, so I can't be more specific, but you can probably think of creative crafts. Etsy type stuff?

I know, not a job. But I seem to recall you being in your teens and jobs can be scarce. My early job was demolition, which I don't think is an option even if it can be satisfying.

Pig Latin counts. It doesn't help in the job market though.
Haha yes ๐Ÿ˜‚
My sister used to make money buying bird houses and then painting them to resell. It was not a lot of money, but she is artistic and was living out in the northern middle of nowhere. She talked a couple of touristy stores into carrying them. Maybe something in that direction? I can botch drawing a stick person, so I can't be more specific, but you can probably think of creative crafts. Etsy type stuff?
I do have an Etsy shop, and I do custom artwork, which currently is my only income
I know, not a job. But I seem to recall you being in your teens and jobs can be scarce. My early job was demolition, which I don't think is an option even if it can be satisfying.
Yes Iโ€™m just about 20, there are so so many jobs available, everywhere is hiring right now but my physical limitations donโ€™t help with that

You wouldn't know it from my typing, but I used to sell my voice. I'm tone deaf so no singing, but I used to do educational recordings. Most of it was for language learning. There are niches, but it's making the connections that's hard. My main job after my late twenties was teaching - University, college and high school over the years. But I always had side jobs - writing, voice, etc. If you keep an eye out opportunities pop up unexpectedly. It's just hard to be patient when you need a job.

Solidarity doesn't help, but I feel it. I promise I will keep thinking about this, and probably offer more weak ideas!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back