April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Iā€™m in desperate need of a job, I canā€™t do the typical 9-5 due to medical problems. My art is not a sustainable income. I have been looking for quite awhile, and havenā€™t found anything, so asking for ideas

Needs:

Canā€™t be standing up or walking around

Needs somewhat flexible schedule

Preferably remote

Canā€™t have a lot of typing, my right arm is
practically useless half the year and my fingers dislocate often

Canā€™t need a lot of math or heavy
concentration, brain fog lol

I donā€™t have a degree and canā€™t to college right now so that canā€™t be a requirement

I had to leave my horseback riding instructor job due to my health, and havenā€™t really found any other options

Iā€™m in desperate need of a job, I canā€™t do the typical 9-5 due to medical problems. My art is not a sustainable income. I have been looking for quite awhile, and havenā€™t found anything, so asking for ideas

Needs:

Preferably remote

I donā€™t have a degree and canā€™t to college right now so that canā€™t be a requirement

I had to leave my horseback riding instructor job due to my health, and havenā€™t really found any other options
What about a stay at home type of job? Maybe one where you are someone who is a call receiver for a company? I know its probably not the most fun job, but maybe it can offer some sort of extra financial support for you?

Also, I'm pretty sure there is a U.S law for people with disabilities finding jobs. Companies that hire them have to be willing to compromise a little to their needs in order to work for them and cannot discriminate based on certain disabilities.
Maybe you've already seen that but just thought that gives you an idea of what companies have to follow when hiring someone who has a disability.

What about a stay at home type of job? Maybe one where you are someone who is a call receiver for a company? I know its probably not the most fun job, but maybe it can offer some sort of extra financial support for you?

Also, I'm pretty sure there is a U.S law for people with disabilities finding jobs. Companies that hire them have to be willing to compromise a little to their needs in order to work for them and cannot discriminate based on certain disabilities.
Maybe you've already seen that but just thought that gives you an idea of what companies have to follow when hiring someone who has a disability.
Sorry, I know I probably didn't help a lot šŸ˜•
I probably just put things there that you already knew, sorry.
Just trying to help in any way possible I suppose.

I'm sure there have to be people here with a disability or at least knows someone with a disability who has gotten a job and can help you way more than I can...

Bring a chair and be a Walmart greeter. I know it is not the greatest idea, but it is what came to mind.

There is always text to speech for typing. Where there is a will, there is a way. Try concentrating on what you CAN do, not what you canā€™t do.

What about being a pet sitter? I know that isn't exactly a stable income either, but it would definitely be flexible!

What about being a pet sitter? I know that isn't exactly a stable income either, but it would definitely be flexible!
While that is a good job idea, if she has to pet sit for a dog, she may have to walk it which would not be good for her arms and lots of walking isn't a good idea for her either I believe....

A lot of energy is usually needed for a pet sitter. I am one. The income is great if you are a busy pet sitter. There is no sitting around though, I am playing with dogs and tossing balls until my arm wants to fall off. Iā€™m scooping boxes, washing dishes, cleaning up diarrhea on white rugs, administering meds to dogs and cats, sometimes even giving a sick cat an IV bag and holding it still while it absorbs under their skin. I put about 30,000 miles on my car each year. There are times I am so busy I donā€™t get a chance to eat, so Iā€™m ā€œfastingā€ unwillingly. With all the dog walking the pounds drop off. Some weeks I make $3,000. Other weeks I only make $500, but it is most regularly right around $2,000. I replaced my income as an analyst in the automotive industry within 3 months of opening my business. That was the job where I got to sit on my @ss all day, doing ā€nothingā€ (balancing my checkbook, researching anything I was interested in, reading books, listening to podcastsā€¦.waiting for someone to need a report) and collecting a paycheck. It did require brainwork on occasion though, but then again, pet sitting can as well. I was bored as hell in my desk job and I am so happy I switched to self employment. I should have done this much sooner in my life.

for additional income, perhaps you qualify for SSI or some other public assistance due to your disabilities.

Since you like working with animals, how bout breeding parakeets. Then you could also sell cages and other necessities for parakeets. Or breed small dogs. Good money to be made in purebred popular dogs.

Last edited:
for additional income, perhaps you qualify for SSI or some other public assistance due to your disabilities.

Since you like working with animals, how bout breeding parakeets. Then you could also sell cages and other necessities for parakeets. Or breed small dogs. Good money to be made in purebred popular dogs.
Unfortunately I donā€™t have the indoor space (or permission) for parakeets, and dogs are a lot of work, even though I do have the space. Iā€™d also need permission haha

Child care, babysitter
I used to do that, but what if I pass out or have a seizure, and thereā€™s nobody else there? What if my legs go paralyzed and I canā€™t get to the kid? What if my arm dislocates and I drop the baby? My doctors donā€™t want me by myself, let alone caring for young children :(

Iā€™m not even supposed to cook or walk up stairs or use a knife without someone with me right now.

Iā€™m actually pet sitting over thanksgiving right now but itā€™s risky to have me be on my own like this :(

You might take a look at doing sales. Lots of companies need people to sell over the phone, or make appointments for outside salespeople. It would require some mental energy, being nice to people, and of course, lots of being told ā€œnoā€. But you could work at your own pace, and earn good commissions.

Needs:

Preferably remote

You can teach art lessons on youtube or show become a daily-life tiktoker.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back