Jewul Rekord 800 And Sand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DreS

Reaction score
Hi, my mum has ordered the same aquarium as me and wants sand as a substrate. I've talked her into a fishes cycle btw. My question is do any of u have a record 800 and is the filter suitable for sand as a substrate?

i've had sand in my 800 for 18 months with no problems.

If you want cheap sand you can use argos play sand. What i did in my 500l. Needs washing but so does so called "Aquarium sand".

Blimey i had to google your tank, for a moment there I thought you had got a 800 litre monster. :lol:

i agree with Uriel

Playsand is safe, non-toxic, readly availabe & cheap. Its roughly around £2.50 for 15 kilos. Which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than proper aqaurium stuff.

I have a mixture of argos sand & the range sand, wasnt planned I just saw some in the range & used it to top up what i had.

Remember to watch the sand really nice, what i did with mine was put 1/3 of sand in the bucket and put the hose in it, open the hose and start moving the sand that way small floating particles will float and go out of the bucket, keep moving once for some time and let the hose open dropping water over the borders of the bucket, when you can see crystal clear water move the sand again and do this until there are no floating particles, this way you will have clean heavy sand that will go to the bottom as soon as you drop it.

thanks for all the advice. will definately make sure she does all that.

Most reactions

trending

Back