Jens First Marine Tank Journal Rio 300

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
yeah i no lol.. so space is all clear for tank but it has now been decided to paint the kitchen before the tank gets moved. :grr: not impressed i just wanna get it moved so i can get on with it. on a good note my LEDs got delivered today so that cheered me up a bit

so started to paint the kitchen. so i can get this tank in place
so here is a pic of painting in progress. and of where the tank is going to go
002-1.jpg

well today has been a busy day in my house. so today i have pained the whole kitchen 2 coats man it was a pain in the a*s. then got my mate in to move the tank in to possition. and then i fitted the LED moon lights. i have ordered my skimmer a deltec mce 600. woohoo finaly feel like things are moving a head so now time for a pic update
so kitchen finaly painted
P1010303.jpg

tank in place
P1010306.jpg

and with moon lights on
P1010307.jpg

so todays update. i have guy holding just over 40kg of live rock for me so now i just have to hope we dont get anymore snow and i can get some ro water to get the tank wet for me to go pick the live rock up

its wet and its living. so today i picked up my live rock so i guess its time for pet rock watching. :drool: so i guess its time for some pics so here goes
P1010314.jpg

and i guess this is a small mushroom can any one confirm?
P1010311.jpg

P1010315.jpg

and any idea what kind of crab this little guy is?
012.jpg

I would agree with Famous, from what i can see it looks like an emerald - great hitch-hiker

Seffie x

how do u spot a goodie from a baddie?

so i tested the water yest a couple of hours after things were set up and results were
sat 11th dec

ph 8
amm 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 10ppm

and tested again today sun 12th

ph 8
amm 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 10ppm
calcium 400ppm
kh 11dkh or 196.9ppm
phos 0.5ppm

so what do u guys think has my rock survied transport realy well or am i still not seeing die off? i am away for the next 4 days so i wont be able to test till thur

how do u spot a goodie from a baddie?

so i tested the water yest a couple of hours after things were set up and results were
sat 11th dec

ph 8
amm 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 10ppm

and tested again today sun 12th

ph 8
amm 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 10ppm
calcium 400ppm
kh 11dkh or 196.9ppm
phos 0.5ppm

so what do u guys think has my rock survied transport realy well or am i still not seeing die off? i am away for the next 4 days so i wont be able to test till thur

The rock should be ok, how long was it when it was taken from the source tank until it went in to yours?

You won't see anything happen straight away, when I started mine I kept asking people on here if I was doing something wrong as nothing was happening, it takes time. Just keep testing each day and make records of the results, it will happen it just takes a bit of time.

Following this thread with interest, keep the updates and pics coming. :good:

transfer time was bout 3 hours max. i have been away for 6 days so havnt tested water. so i am gonna test asap

so today i bought my ro unit which is a 50gpd ro-man with di unit. and plus a outside tap connector but hopefully i will be plumbing it in, in the back toilet

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back