JD, Firemouth pair and single convict?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SAChichlidLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone, is this trio compatible?
Tank would be 67gal (call it 65 for ease)
There will be three rock caves and lots of rocks acting as sight blockers?

Think it has a chance of working but... convicts are a bit boring... especially by themselves? If you wanted to go down the cryptoheros type route I'd probably go for a Sajica or a Honduran Red Point.

Wills

Think it has a chance of working but... convicts are a bit boring... especially by themselves? If you wanted to go down the cryptoheros type route I'd probably go for a Sajica or a Honduran Red Point.

Wills
I will definetely keep an eye on this one.. I might even scrap the idea of three cichlids all together and just keep the JD and firemouths, I was originally thinking convict aswell to create a middle ground in the hierachy but each time I think about it I'm starting to become weary as I know first hand how much more difficult CA cichlids are with they're aggression. I'll do some research about Sajica and Honduran red point's to see if they are a better option :) But I'm so far leaning towards keeping the two species of cichlids in there and some form of dither fish to mellow both fish out drastically :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back