Java Rice fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
With rice fish fry it's the eyes you notice first :)

UPDATE: The two babies in the are growing, though I think slowly, until I am reminded today how DARN small they start out!!! I was watch one of my guppy tanks, the parent rice fish are in yet another 10g for last 10 days or 2 wks (?)... Making the decision to take that tank to something else, nothing going on in there.... as I turn and look, THERE in plain yet almost mircoscopic view, 3 new babies.... Looks like THAT tank is staying just the way it is!!!!!

Post a picture if you can, here is a picture of my glow light tetra fry, he is tiny and hides in the hornwort.

Attachments

• GEDC1196.JPG
    GEDC1196.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 324
Well, I have BE Rice fish in 3 tanks!!! Crazy.... moved the first two out of the 55g and put them in with a group of slightly smaller moscow guppies, hoping to stimulate their feeding and ensure better nutrition
3 or 4 are in the original breeder 10g tank.... the largest of them is about the size of a very tiny guppy.
I was moving some stuff around in the parents tank, and low and behold, there were like 5 larger babies in there!!! SO not sure , but could be the folks have been getting so much to eat, they dont care to chase the fry any more??? LOL All good, but I dont think I am going to breed any more... need more room for guppies!!

Well, I have BE Rice fish in 3 tanks!!! Crazy.... moved the first two out of the 55g and put them in with a group of slightly smaller moscow guppies, hoping to stimulate their feeding and ensure better nutrition
3 or 4 are in the original breeder 10g tank.... the largest of them is about the size of a very tiny guppy.
I was moving some stuff around in the parents tank, and low and behold, there were like 5 larger babies in there!!! SO not sure , but could be the folks have been getting so much to eat, they dont care to chase the fry any more??? LOL All good, but I dont think I am going to breed any more... need more room for guppies!!
I wish we lived closer and I would love to take some off your hands!

What is that quote?????
"when you pry them from my cold, dead, hands!!! BWAHAAHAHAHA!" LOL
If you get a chance I like to see a picture of the fry, I had to put my tetra fry in a fry net to protect them because the other tetra were nipping their fins. They are still 1/2 inch after a month.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back