FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Is it possible to grow Java Moss as a carpeting plant and if so, how?

How big is your aquarium?
I know people use mesh to grow Nice Carpet with moss

One problem with this is the difficult in cleaning it. A water changer will easily uproot the moss, unless held down with the mesh/screen KevinZ mentioned. But having this on the substrate where obviously considerably more detritus falls is adding an element of risk.

One problem with this is the difficult in cleaning it. A water changer will easily uproot the moss, unless held down with the mesh/screen KevinZ mentioned. But having this on the substrate where obviously considerably more detritus falls is adding an element of risk.
Makes sense.

How do you suggest I attach a large "chunk" of Java Moss to my piece of driftwood? (My piece looks like spider wood, but it is Malaysian driftwood)

I usually attach java moss with fishing line or super glue. But my the section of driftwood I want to attach the moss to, is far down in the tank. I don't want to move the driftwood to "uproot" it. Suggestions?

Makes sense.

How do you suggest I attach a large "chunk" of Java Moss to my piece of driftwood? (My piece looks like spider wood, but it is Malaysian driftwood)
I usually attach java moss with fishing line or super glue. But my the section of driftwood I want to attach the moss to, is far down in the tank. I don't want to move the driftwood to "uproot" it. Suggestions?
You can use Superglue tricks.
Cut your Java into million pieces and use Your glue (i suggest using gel type) to attach it.
Here's the video i always use this trick and always work for me :) but if you want to put a large chunk then use fishing line.

Don't use Java Moss as a carpeting plant because you end up with heaps of gunk trapped under it.

Thanks guys, I will keep it on my driftwood and use fishing line to attach it. I am very used to tying knots, as I used to be an avid fisherman. (But not underwater, lol)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back