Jarvis's clamped tail.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

O

On_a_dishy

Hi,
I have been treating Jarvis for fin rot with Interim Fin rot and Fungus. It wasn't bad, but I wanted to stop it in its tracks. I bought him from my LFS without realising that he had a chunk of tail missing, and mild fin rot, and people on the forum have been really helpful.
I have been keeping his tank very clean. The parameters today are:
Ammonia and nitrite 0 mg/l
Nitrate 25 mg/l
GH >14d
Carbonate hardness between 3 and 6d
pH between 6.8 and 7.2
He shares his tank (34l Fluval with a huge lump of mopani wood and an almond leaf in it) with 2 ADFs. They get along fine - although maybe he would prefer it if they weren't there... They were there first.
Jarvis is currently 'enjoying' an epsom salt bath (quarter of a tablespoon dissolved in 1 litre) on a windowsill to get some of our famous UK sunlight...
Is there anything else I can do to help him?
(Photo is Jarvis swimming away from camera - you can see the clamped tail)

Attachments

• IMG_7990.jpg
    IMG_7990.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 44
Update - I have returned the ADFs to my LFS (man there is going to keep them for himself). So Jarvis now has his own tank, completely to himself. His epsom salt bath seems to have perked him up, and he did a massive poo. Tail is still wanting to twist and curl, though...

Attachments

• IMG_7995.jpg
    IMG_7995.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 45
I don’t know some fish just have health issues I think that disabled fish should be cared for but they shouldn’t breed it’s just genetically wrong

His tail is still sort of fused at the tip this morning - is there anything I can do? Would it help to manually 'stroke' the fins apart?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back