Japanese Gardens - An Outing w/the Kids!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
My niece spent the night over here last week (she always enjoys staying at Aunt Tina's house :wub: ) and we visited the Japanese Gardens here in Spokane, WA. It is VERY beautiful and there are some outrageous Koi that inhabit the pond....... the gardens are for meditation and viewing, here are some picts:

\/ Spokane, WA has a sister city in Japan that apparently has a verys similar garden there:
japa_4.jpg

\/ Here is sort of a panoramic of most of the pond area, very pretty :nod: :
japa_5.jpg

\/ Here is a pict. of one of the koi, this one was more than a foot long, healthy guys too :wub: :
japa_1.jpg

\/ THis is sort of a hard picture to make out, but there is a water fall on the right and that is where the filtration is I pressume, and there is a pretty statue type thing on the left! ;) :
japa_3.jpg

\/ Here is my son and my niece standing on small boulers that they have placed in the path of the water as it goes into the pond, it's so you can walk across the creek "thingy" :
japa_2.jpg

\/ This is a pict of one of the largest koi in the pond, this guy was ENORMOUS, close to 2 feet long and MAN did he have a mouth on him :eek:
japa_7.jpg

\/ Another one of the BIG guy ;o) :
japa_10.jpg

\/ My son and niece posing in front of (actually on) a pretty statue thing:
japa_6.jpg

\/ Here they are on a very beautiful little bridge, I am peeking through some trees to get this shot :*)
japa_8.jpg

\/ Yet another huge koi, probably about 18" or better:
japa_9.jpg

\/ My baby girl, son and niece looking at the fishies:
japa_11.jpg

\/ Here is pict. of just SOME of the babies.....there are TONS and TONS of babies in this pond, they must be well off and spawning like MAD!!!! :
japa_12.jpg

\/ Here is a pretty water feature, simple and graceful:
japa_13.jpg

HOPE YOU LIKEY!!!!! :wub: :wub:

Sorry, but I have to reply to myself and say,

"Darn me, I should have told Julie about these gardens when she was here"

*thumps self on head really hard and squeaks out an....I'm sorry*

:grr: :*) :grr: :*)

That Place is Wonderful, must be Soooooooooooooooooooo Relaxing.
It would be lovely to have a Picnic There Next to the Pond

Very good pictures :thumbs: gosh wish I had a garden like that :nod:

Sigh....
It really makes me want to go back to Japan, that and post pictures from my stay.
Very beautiful picture but it's hard to appreciate the beautiful until you actually stand their wrapped in a serene garden.

I agree a1wonder, it's something you must experience.

Japanese (asian) gardens are so serene and quiet.

A must see for all who enjoy beauty! :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back