JAKA Volume 55 , Number 1

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
If you have never joined a specialty fish organization like the American Killifish Association you should. There are many here in the USA and abroad. There are groups for cichlids, livebearers and Bettas to name just a few. They have shows and conventions and monthly newsletters and journals. I just got my newest Journal of The American Killifish Association. These journals are not typical hobbyist publications but downright scholarly . Most of the writers are professors and researchers. Best of all is that your dues put the kibosh on most advertising. All that's in here is http://www.jehmco.com on the back cover and a small ad for Zoo Med Laboratories on page 44. The fish on the cover is Fundulopanchax gardneri Innidere .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 62
What else is in there? What does this issue cover?

What else is in there? What does this issue cover?
This one is a gold mine. There is a reprinted article from The Aquarium September 1933 on the Argentine Pearlfish (Cynolebias bellotti) that is as relevant now as it was those many years ago and proves to me that new is not always true. Art Leuterman has an article that is reprinted from American Currents Volume 41 Number 2 (April 2016) that details a method of spawning various Fundulus and Fundulopanchax species onto sunken scraps of AstroTurf rather than mops. There is an article that goes into much detail on the lowly Midge which is our friend the bloodworm and a nice pictorial of the spawning of Nothobranchius guentheri. The highlight of the issue , to me , was the concluding fourth installment on our native North American Fundulus species. I'm looking forward to an afternoon in my fish room with the door closed reading this .

I would love to see info on breeding Fundulus diaphanous and heteroclitus. They're local to me now, and keeping them is legal. Fishing trip #1 failed, but I'm just getting started on that project!

I would love to see info on breeding Fundulus diaphanous and heteroclitus. They're local to me now, and keeping them is legal. Fishing trip #1 failed, but I'm just getting started on that project!
Let me peruse my last 4 JAKA's and sift what breeding information I can find and I'll fire off an e-mail.

Art Leuterman has an article that is reprinted from American Currents Volume 41 Number 2 (April 2016) that details a method of spawning various Fundulus and Fundulopanchax species onto sunken scraps of AstroTurf rather than mops.
Ah yes, Art Leuterman. Great person to meet and talk to! I've gotten some killifish off him and I'm planning on giving some of my killis to him next month or August.

Ah, I see another tank coming..........
Not this time. I maxed out on space and don't have anymore room for more tanks. Maybe in the future whenever I have more space

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back