Jaguar Cichlids With There New Eggs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ceech

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Came home today to find my jaguars were laying eggs again :)
I am delighted as they have no layed after the last time all there fry were eaten in my main 720 :-(
Took a few snaps to show but did not wanna bother them too much.Will keep you all posted as to how things are coming along.I am just hoping them being on there own this time they will have a better chance :) time will surly tell.Can anyone count the eggs for me please :)
DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

i have a breeding pair of jaguars. both of them are gold i have two other jaguars that are black like yours. always confused me why theres gold and black ones. probley made me sound stupid :)

Update on my jags and there eggs.
Well the eggs have now become wigglers and have been moved into a safe place under a rock.
Parents are very protective as expected .
Few snaps hard to take pics for now but best i could get for now.
Lets hope i have free swimmers soon :)
DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0694.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

I will feed them up for the next few weeks ,move the parents out of that tank and then only keep the very best and strongest of them the others will be food for my pirahna.I know it sounds mean but i only want the very best fish to be kept.Will keep the thread going and update pics as they are growing :)

Another update and a few pics of the fry.
Some have died off now as expected but still have around 150 to 200 eating well and getting bigger :-
DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

No i dont have anything over it at all they dont seem to be bothered by it at all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back