Jaguar Cichlids Spawning

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

willtang3000

Fish Herder
Reaction score
well thats another species bred that i can tick off my list :) :good: enjoy the pics and i will be uploading a video soon and you can see the eggs come out of the females breeding tube :good:

pre spawning

SANY0009.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

the actual spawn

SANY0029-1.jpg

will add more pics later and vid :good:

i havent seen a jag in years thanks for that i forgot what a pretty fish they are.

Lol, thats one down 10,0000 to go lol, i take it you are going to keep thm in that 3ft for a while as it will be hard to put them back with your angels?

they are nice fish will :good:
my lfs has a lovely pair atm
can you keep them in a community or are they aggresive?

Lol, thats one down 10,0000 to go lol, i take it you are going to keep thm in that 3ft for a while as it will be hard to put them back with your angels?
yes i will not be returning them into that tank until i can get an upgrade

they are nice fish will :good:
my lfs has a lovely pair atm
can you keep them in a community or are they aggresive?
well iam not sure if they are agressive in the community tank when they are breeding because when they built the nest in there past tank i moved them into the 3ft just incase they willl beat the hell out of the other fish but as cichlids i guess that they are one hell of a defencive pair

They are a beautiful fish, my local fish store actually has a breeding pair that recently laid a ton of eggs. Have fun with the babies :)

Lovely fish, but tare you planning a tank upgrade - because a 3ft tank isn't big enough for them I'm afraid :blink:

And nope, jags are not community fish, they cant go in with angels, they cant really go in with much else in most cases - some folks get away with them in with their oscars, devils and other big cichlids, but a breeding pair would pretty much kill anything in the tank with them up to the same size as them, even if they were in a decent sized tank.

125g for a single fish according to some sites, 180g for a pair. Considering they can get to 16", that sounds about right.

Obviously yours are happy or else they wouldn't be breeding, but imagine giving them a decent 6 x 2 x 2ft tank, it'd be much better for them as they'd be able to move around easier and grow to their full potential - and it'd look fab too :)

Lovely fish, but tare you planning a tank upgrade - because a 3ft tank isn't big enough for them I'm afraid :blink:

And nope, jags are not community fish, they cant go in with angels, they cant really go in with much else in most cases - some folks get away with them in with their oscars, devils and other big cichlids, but a breeding pair would pretty much kill anything in the tank with them up to the same size as them, even if they were in a decent sized tank.

125g for a single fish according to some sites, 180g for a pair. Considering they can get to 16", that sounds about right.

Obviously yours are happy or else they wouldn't be breeding, but imagine giving them a decent 6 x 2 x 2ft tank, it'd be much better for them as they'd be able to move around easier and grow to their full potential - and it'd look fab too :)

he said that they will not be going back with the angels and he sid that he will be upgrading :D

he said that they will not be going back with the angels and he sid that he will be upgrading :D
thanks for clearing that up rust :) and they probably won't get to 16" now lisa because breeding at this size stunts thier growth incredibly

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back