Jaguar Cichlid?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

adam.ion

Reaction score
Hi all, New here , so Hi! :rolleyes:

I have 2 tiger oscars 8inch going on 9 Was wondering if it is possible to put a jaguar cichlid in with them. The tank is only 75gal 5foot and i do relise the size they all get! (I will be upgrading to 6x2x2 shortly!) Its just I see them on you tube with other fish all the time but my mate has a 4inch jag and he / she is crazy! Cant put anything in there!

I also forgot to mention i have 2 clown loaches 3.5 inch and 2 male convicts with the O's! Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks

I'd skip the jaguar and add several more clown loaches instead. They're social fish, unlike the cichlids, and would be much happier as a larger group.

:hi:

I would also skip the jag as well. One, your tank isn't large enough at the moment and two, the jag may be a bully to the oscars. Oscars look like aggressive fish, but are really big softies.

I would also suggest getting more clowns once you get the larger tank.

your tank is a wee bit small for this in my oppinon,
but i do have two oscars and a jag in my tank, they we fine at first then when brutis my jag hit 6inches he went mental,
nearly had to lose brutis but luckily for me after a full rock/plant change there all one happy family and brutis is the tank wimp,but if he wanted i know he would kick the others into shape,,

Thanks for the replys! Clowns get really big , No? How many could I get in a 6x2x2 ?

Thanks for the replys! Clowns get really big , No? How many could I get in a 6x2x2 ?
Let's try it the other way around... An eventual minimum of three clown loach. Start with however many you want since you're unlikely to find really big ones at a store. Over time, they will grow quite large and you can whittle the number down. My three are all about 6", give or take half an inch. I've seen them over 12", and they are pretty beefy if well fed (and your oscars will probably see to it that they are well fed :lol: ). I would tend to agree that a jag would be iffy. Maybe a female salvini instead? Aggressive fish, but the size of your oscars would probably discourage outright hostilities. I'd try to get her to about 3-4" and then add her in (with a rearrangement of the decor). Just a thought.

if you get more clowns then make sure they have somewhere good to hide if there not very big.

its suprising how big an oscars mouth can stretch and clowns take around 15 years to grow to full size where as oscars do it in months.

i was sent this picture by my girlfriend whilst at work.

Image003.jpg

the clown was nearly 4" and my oscar was only about 8".

if you get more clowns then make sure they have somewhere good to hide if there not very big.

its suprising how big an oscars mouth can stretch and clowns take around 15 years to grow to full size where as oscars do it in months.

i was sent this picture by my girlfriend whilst at work.

Image003.jpg

the clown was nearly 4" and my oscar was only about 8".
lol sorry i cannot help but laugh at that picture. that is ridiculous!

personally i wouldnt even try a jag and O's

Most reactions

trending

Back