Jag + FH + Oscar = My 100g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DannyBoy17

Fishaholic
Reaction score
SO I finally decided it was time to turn my 100g into a Cichlid tank. I used to have it like this, my big Oscar died, so I added Angelfish and community fish. Well, I missed the big boys too much. So, today I was at Petland, and picked up a friend for my 4-5'' Oscar. I got a 3'' FlowerHorn :eek: I know people dont think its right, but he was all alone in a tank of large Sal's, so I bought him. Then, as I was walkin out, I saw a single Jag (3.5'') in a tank with some monsterous Cichlid, and was being chased around. I cracked. I bought him too.

Now, I've got my Oscar, Jag, FH, 5 Silver Dollars and 5 Penguin Tetras (couldnt catch them, so left them in...they are damn fast) and a few, unknown number of Khulis.

Im guessing it'll be a warzone when they all grow up :/

Anyways, any comments? I hear the FH will get super aggressive? Will the others be fine with him? For once, I think my big aggressive Oscar is going to become another fishes *****!

DB :fish:

A agree about the Oscar, they're quite docile in comparison.

yes the FH will trear apart every thing in that tank as it gets bigger even more so than the jag

The Kuhlis will be fine....hehehe, they'll just disapear under ground and come out at night.

Well, atleast you gave those two a better life for now.

Where did your community go? Back to the lfs?

mr_miagi32 said:
The Kuhlis will be fine....hehehe, they'll just disapear under ground and come out at night.

Well, atleast you gave those two a better life for now.

Where did your community go? Back to the lfs?
Well the only large fish in that community were the Silver Dollars, and they stayed. I moved the 6 neons, and the 6 juvie angels (about and 1'') into my 29g with my female betta. Ya, I know the angels will have to move in a couple of months, but right now Im over-filtering the tank and they look quite happy in there.

Also Maybe the Jag shoud have its own tank. THey will be ok for awhile but then they will all want tthe tank to themselves and between an Oscar, Jag, and FH i know i wouldnt put money on that oscar.

juanveldez said:
yes the FH will trear apart every thing in that tank as it gets bigger even more so than the jag
i think the fh and jag will be pretty close man, jags are nasty S.O.B when they wanna be

fufanu360 said:
juanveldez said:
i think the fh and jag will be pretty close man, jags are nasty S.O.B when they wanna be
yeah thats why i said i would only count the oscar out. Between the FH and Jag it could be pretty close and they could both die

Fishy411 said:
fufanu360 said:
juanveldez said:
yeah thats why i said i would only count the oscar out. Between the FH and Jag it could be pretty close and they could both die
Normally I would agree, but I dont have an overly agressive Jag...not yet. Until I can afford a big enough tank to house the FH, they will all have to behave :p . BTW, all my Penguin Tetras dissapeared. Hmm, I wonder who the culprit is. It's like "Clue", so many suspects!

my jag is a big girls blouse as well lol i had to move my flowerhorn form his tank as the fh grew fast and i mean fast about 10" in 5 months long/wide/thick he f**kd
up all comers :( :flex: lol now in his own tank and may jag is with an oscar :D

DannyBoy17 said:
My Jag loves PVC piping, is this normal, he comes out to feed (and gets verrrry territorial).

Also, I dont have a FH! Its a Trimac I believe!

:rofl: he has a fetish for pvc :rofl:

this is normal they (jags) love caves so a pvc pipe will be like a cave to it

:D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back