Jack Dempsey chameleon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mantis_Mike

Reaction score
I bought the Dempsey and it was very light brown with faint black stripes- like any other young Jack. Got it home & put it in the tank and he instantly turned jet black and grey. I've never seen anything like this. What's happening here!?!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127_191036_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127_191036_Gallery.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 17
A lot of cichlids change colour depending on mood in the shop sounds like it was stressed out so looking pale.

Cichlids control their colours to communicate and to camouflage.A lot of fish do, but it's really intense with that family. In time, you will learn to read it, and it tells you a lot about what's up in the tank.

I can't find any dempsey with this grey/ black color combination anywhere online. The black definitely changes with his mood and when he eats high protein food. It's really cool to watch. Thx for the reply

I can't find any dempsey with this grey/ black color combination anywhere online. The black definitely changes with his mood and when he eats high protein food. It's really cool to watch. Thx for the reply
Do you have a picture?

Sorry. Thought i posted a pic with original post.
You did but I didnt realise it was the actual fish - great photo!

It is a typical JD pattern but I do think they are a handsome specimen :) Great shape and colour!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back