I've Got An Ich

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

paulbr1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, tank 260L, stats PH 6.7, Ammo 0., Nitrite 0., Nitrate 30 Temp normally 25.5. Fish in 2 Silver Sharks, 2 Rams (docile), 5 mini BN's, 6 tetra's, 4 Red eyed Tetra's and a couple of swordtails.

Just a quicky really, did a fish swap on Thursday - a few plecs for two severums (gorgeous).

In the shop they were spot on, no marks/spots or anything.

I know the shop really well and they are clean and disinfect their nets after each catch.

Anyway got them home, equalised the temp, slowly mixed the waters together (bit over the top) then two days later - White spot, I have dosed the tank and upped the temp from 25.5' to 29'.

Main Question is - do you think it could be shock and have I done the temp correctly.

Paul.....

Ich is a parasite and needs to be imported into a tank, perhaps your fish were carrying the ich on their gills or the lfs water could have been infected, the free swimming stage of ich is invisible to the unaided eye

I think shock/stress can weaken a fish to be susceptible to ICH. I only say this because my experience with ICH is that not everyone in my tank comes down with it. But nevertheless, it is in your tank and you need to treat. 29C will be safe for most fish for awhile. So yes you did the right thing. See my signature for a good ich site.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back