I've Found Heaven On Earth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I HAVE to bump this, enjoy!

Thank you! Wow!! What a story, what a place.

NEVER a good idea to introduce non-native species. Wonder what lived in that pond before the tropicals?? But they apparently can't spread past the warm zone and take any more territory from the native species, so minimal harm done and it would be really something to see with your own eyes.

Wow! Glad to see this thread made it out again... I have gotten a few PM's, a few asking where the pond is and a few wanting updated pictures. Unfortunately I graduated in December and moved quite a ways away from the pond. It is now a good 6-7 hours away from where I now reside... that's a chunk of change for gas. I hope to make it there sometime but have no idea when. So sorry to disappoint you folks. I apologize. My dad is completing a pond next spring/summer and he wanted a koi or two from the springs, so maybe then. Or if someone wants to send me a $100 bucks or so I will go the week after next and give that person the location of the springs :D. Joking.

Anyways I will definately keep you guys up to date. Another lack of motivation to go is that I am constantly on the move until I find a home to buy, so that means all my tanks are down.... not cool. So until I get some tanks I probably won't make it to the ponds.

On another note:
I have been getting a lot of requests to divulge the location of the pond... what do you guys think??

that place is amazing... on giving the location... i'd give it to 1 person whos active on this forum, and lives close to the pond, so that they could follow on with this thread :)

On another note:
I have been getting a lot of requests to divulge the location of the pond... what do you guys think??

I think giving out the location is a good idea. Then other people will get to see all the unique things in it! I personally wouldnt mind knowing where this pond was, but i will probably never get to see it in real life.

that place is amazing... on giving the location... i'd give it to 1 person whos active on this forum, and lives close to the pond, so that they could follow on with this thread :)

I like this idea. I mean i think majority of people on here would treat the pond with respect given the opportunity. Its a very beautiful story and site that if anything were to happen it would be a shame. How about a state? Then secretly let someone in state hunt it down and let them update us. Wonderful Idea.

I like this idea. I mean i think majority of people on here would treat the pond with respect given the opportunity. Its a very beautiful story and site that if anything were to happen it would be a shame. How about a state? Then secretly let someone in state hunt it down and let them update us. Wonderful Idea.

Well, I think it is only fair... the only problem is how to get the right candidate without divulging the location so openly on the internet?

Why don't you ask people to post their nearest university that way you will know where they are and can pm the closest :)

Well, I think it is only fair... the only problem is how to get the right candidate without divulging the location so openly on the internet?

You could say which State it is in or the nearest big city and ask people nearby to post? I doubt anybody would bother searching a whole state looking for it so your not giving much away.

You could say which State it is in or the nearest big city and ask people nearby to post? I doubt anybody would bother searching a whole state looking for it so your not giving much away.

But I think that is generally a good thing. Point is humans ruin everything, with intention or not, we all like to brag and im suprised he hasnt bragged about it too people. Good on you mate for keeping it to yourself, More pics when you can and maybe leave the location to someone on your dying day :D

Well how about this. You said you've gone with your buddy and i mean you also mentioned you moved. Assuming you dont live with your buddy, why not just get him/her to join the forums and keep us up to date? Yeah this is true also i mean whats to say the person you tell doesnt jump on here right away and say the location is..........!!!! Wouldnt that be amazing lol. I like what your doing though. You drop the bomb on this place and its just going to be a hotspring (no fish).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back