I've Been Looking At Some Of The Bettas On Ebay

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yup I've noticed this too. They are currently in the process of de-centralising all the tanks too so thats a good thing. I enjoy going in for a look, they must get fed up with the sight of me. The fish in Bankside (near the canal) are good too but their advice is terrible IMO.

Never had a problem with Bankside myself. I don't mind talking to Will(the boss), but the other guy hasn't got a clue. Tried to charge me 9.99 for a Common Plec(which was actually a gold spot) :rolleyes: And I was in the other day and the younger boy was trying to tell me the Common Plec's won't grow too big for an Aqua One 320 - had to make it clear I was only after a silly little Algae Eater for my mum's tank! I do buy quite a lot from Bankside, though I study the fish very carefully beforehand - tank cleanliness isn't the best!

Which one is Will? I've spoken to both the bald man and the older guy and both seem to go by the philosophy that no fish will get too big for your tank as they will only grow in accordance to your tank size. When listening to them giving advise to people who clearly don't have a clue I cringe.

Which one is Will? I've spoken to both the bald man and the older guy and both seem to go by the philosophy that no fish will get too big for your tank as they will only grow in accordance to your tank size. When listening to them giving advise to people who clearly don't have a clue I cringe.

The bald guy is Will. I've never asked advice from him, though so I wouldn't know about it on that. In fact, I did hear one bit - we went in with OH's mum who has just recently set up a 200l and she was asking for what to put into it etc from him. He said parrots, about 5 then she could add in an Oscar and a few groups of other fish. I mean, come on - ok, parrots yeah but not an Oscar and more groups to go along with them!

According to my LFS, and I quote as I was in there just...

"Siamese fighting fish are very peaceful fish and will get along with all other species"

Or something very similar....

They do say how males cannot go together, which i suppose is better than nothing. But they also say how they can live in small vases and even sell them, £9.99 for a vase about the size of a 2L bottle of coke, some betta food, with a bit of gravel in.

It's quite shameful really, but they sell a lot of betta's from what i can see, there always changing and the guy on the desk once told me they sell a lot.

So all i can hope is that they're going to good homes, with people who know a bit about them lol

This really being the reason i want to sell my fry privetly!

Hey, some of the things I've seen in LFS's I'm pretty sure some of the bettas would be glad to be housed in a big vase! Not that I would of course, but it's better than a cup with a few inches of water(if that!)

The other week they had a male in with 3 females and some other type of fish, not big on any other tropical fish so i couldnt tell you what.

I remember back in :blink: about 1979, going in to a LFs and seeing bettas for the very first time. Was such a wondeful shop that I remember being so dark and the only light was from the tanks, It was wonderful place and something new was found on every weekly visit and was in a basement of a large toy store. I use to leg it down there whilst my family were in the toy store. Even the care of the bettas back then in this shop was excellent. Shame its gone down hill.

Depending on what part of 1979 you are on about, I wasn't even born then! lol Modaz, you're starting to show your age!!! rofl (no offence meant whatsoever!!)

I cant say what my name is on ebay as they slap my wrists on here for advertising, but the last boy in the pics is one of mine :good:
hi everyone, i love the quote, the last boy in the pic is one of mine! sorry to burst the bubble but he lives in my fish room and has since i imported him from thailand, poor show.

I cant say what my name is on ebay as they slap my wrists on here for advertising, but the last boy in the pics is one of mine :good:
hi everyone, i love the quote, the last boy in the pic is one of mine! sorry to burst the bubble but he lives in my fish room and has since i imported him from thailand, poor show.

:blink: :rolleyes:

i am assuming that the post was referring to the black marble HM male

Lol, I think :lol: :sly: sums that up too

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back