i eat buttons
Reaction score
i have been inspired,
thanks to a very dedicated bird owner, and member of our forum, jess :thumbs:

in the loving memory of Yoshi my guinea pig
i would love to adopt an animal from a rescue
i am leaning towards birds but i am very open to anything,
providing i feel i can fulfill its every needs
i will not be doing this immediatley, in fact it may take as long as an entire year
but i may be doing it as soon as christmas

you see, i am in the middle of a career change and it depends on how rocky my life is,
i would not take on another life unless i had the time to dedicate towards it
but i would love to start looking into it

i am located in british columbia
and anyone with any information about any type
of animal rescues centers near me,
please,
help me find a local rescue
if you need a more specific location i will reply at pm request

thank you so much for your time :flowers:

I wish I could be of some help to you pointy kitty But I live here in Hazard Ky. But I am sure what ever animal you pick you will take very good care of it.

Its really up to you what type of animal you get. I take it you dont want another piggy? if it were me I would get a ferret...but only because i find them extremely appealing.

well, i am looking to get something that doesn't require an enourmous amount of space (i have a rather small yard) :unsure:

and i am leaning towards a bird,
i do want another guinea pig, as i have always kept them, but 4-5 years is such a short lifespan
its really been bothering me latley
i don't know what i am going to do
and i am a little intimidated by ferrets
not out of fear (i'm not afraid of anything :flex: ;) )
but i hear they are destructive and not always nice
i seem to have a gift for training and taming animals
but i have never owned a ferret

my sister is going to start trying to have a baby soon and
i really don't want to have to have a ferret crated or caged for fear that it may harm the baby

i find birds (in comparison to what i have HEARD about ferrets) easier to tame
:dunno:

what do you think?

EDIT: i find the description of temperment aswell as the physical appearance of kakariki birds very appealing
and their "needs" would be easy for me to meet

but i won't be choosey since i am in it to save an animal, not to be selective

Why not get some chickens? Easy to keep, just provide them with a little house and three or four of them can roam around your yard. You can get fresh eggs from them too!

Samage said:
Why not get some chickens? Easy to keep, just provide them with a little house and three or four of them can roam around your yard. You can get fresh eggs from them too!
one problem with chickens,
my samoyed X would catch them and eat them for sure
they are like wolves that way :crazy:

i would prefer a bird that could be kept in the house :thumbs:

www.petfinder.com

Just put in your zipcode and the type of animal you want (bird, dog, cat, etc) and if you want to be more specific they have options for breed, size, and age. HTH :thumbs:

Any news on the bird Pointy-Kitty? :D

I asked at the Birdline (parrot charity) thing i took my bird to today, and they didn't know of any Canadian parrot charities, only American. Apparently the best thing to do is ask your local rescue centre if they have any details for parrot rescues! :) Im sure there must be something similar to Birdline near you!!

Good Luck with finding one! I MAY have found my new parrot!! :D lol

Jess

no knews yet
i can't seem to find anything
i was thinking of phoning into the spca but i don't know if ours is still here (they may have gone out of business)
its a pretty small town
but anywho yeah no luck :(

what kind of bird are you looking at getting?

you can check petfinder.com but they mostly only have cats and dogs
Good luck with finding the perfect pet!

There must be an animal shelter near you? They'd have a number for you to ring im sure! Look in yellow pages!! :D (Do you have that in Canada? :unsure: lol) If not try pet shops and things... Worth a try :)

At the moment im torn between a one year old Blue and Gold Macaw called Kyra and a 20 year old Molluccan Cockatoo called Peppi (i think -_- lol). Both of those are VERY noisy though so im still thinking about it...

yeah...ferrets probably arent the best bet...

not with a baby...

Kakarikis are wonderful when they have been tamed. we have a lovely hand reared cockatiel at work...£45. obv no use to you but he is very intelligent. Cockys are good birds to train.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back