Ive a problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

melanie

Reaction score
ive a problem with only my neon tetras and my 2 placostomus
(i think thats how you spell it) for no reason the tetra lost all their colour they went white. and for the other they aint looking too good neither now and then they go a very red colour and they look sick :what: :what:

all the other fish seem to be fine any ideas?
6 swordtails
7 platys

the other thing is ive a red tail shark is he anything to do with this as he is very territorial.

How big is your tank? What are you ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH readings? How long has your tank been set up? I think you answered the first and last when you joined - I'll just go look for them.

(PS long time no see - good to see you back :) )

Mel
Usually neons lose their colour when the're stressed. Have you added any salt in your water recently as neons are NOT salt tolerant. Are there any signs that their tails have been damaged by bacterial infection, or neon tetra disease? Then to ask Tatya's questions, what is your water quality like?

believe me i aint been anywhere special. work work work work!

im gonna have to get back to you on the readings though.

nice to be noticed. :D :D :D

Work, work, work. :p Well at least it'll give you extra cash for the fish ;)

RTB Sharks are quite aggressive. View the tank to see if this is causing the probs. Oh and a tip on spelling Plecos, just type it as i did :laugh:

I'll wait for the test results for more comments. Yeah nice to see ya to 8)

I have a red tail, and he is aggressive, but only to other brightly colored fish.

What is your temp, and what are you feeding?

the temperature is 76 degrees and i feed them flake food.

hi everyone! ive been workin ard i tell yah!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

every thing is fine now looks like they were drunk and ad angover.

wish was me :D :D :D

they are doing absolutely fine now aint it strange they look better?????

thanks for asking.

The fish must have been having a bad day. Went out with the buds and wellllllll.....Glad to hear they are doing much better. R-

Definetlt hungover fish. I know how they feel! Stopped drinking at 9. lol

GL you just described every married Navy guy I know. 6 pack when they come turns into a spare tire when they marry. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Back