it's probably the easiest egg laying fish to spawn

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
The zebra danios are easy to keep and very easy breed,
I got a pair of my zebras to spawn 2 days ago. today the eggs hatched it will be another couple of days before the fry are free swimming
plump female with eggs eggs developing and some of the tiny Fry
IMG_7542.JPG IMG_7522 (640x493).jpg IMG_7533 (640x426).jpg

The zebra danios are easy to keep and very easy breed,
I got a pair of my zebras to spawn 2 days ago. today the eggs hatched it will be another couple of days before the fry are free swimming
plump female with eggs eggs developing and some of the tiny Fry
View attachment 130974 View attachment 130975 View attachment 130976
Awesome! Where do you find and retrieve the eggs? I mean are they adhesive to plants? Where are they in the 2nd photo?

Lovely.
Are they in a species only tank or have you a seperate breeding tank or are they in a community tank?
I had a few over 20yrs ago and they’re currently in pole position to be the next buys though I’ve been offered some other fish as freebies/rescues.

Lovely.
Are they in a species only tank or have you a seperate breeding tank or are they in a community tank?
I had a few over 20yrs ago and they’re currently in pole position to be the next buys though I’ve been offered some other fish as freebies/rescues.
I hope you will get as many of the danios, as you can, they are so impressive, as are most, in unison with each other similar to natural.
Hope you will get the rescues, too!

Awesome! Where do you find and retrieve the eggs? I mean are they adhesive to plants? Where are they in the 2nd photo?
Danio eggs sink to the bottom of the tank. You normally remove the adults after breeding and leave the eggs to hatch in the breeding tank.

The first picture shows an adult female zebra danio. She is fat from eggs.

The middle picture has 2 fish eggs with developing embryos in them.

The bottom picture has a bunch of baby fish (called fry) hanging out just under the surface of the water.

I usually keep them in the species tank, to get them in breeding condition I separate a male and female and feed them well on live food for abou 5 to 14 days when preparing a tank/ container for spawning i use one of two methods. marbles or some type of plastic mesh for the eggs to fall through to spawn the danios I use a plastic net type basket that I've made I removed the fish after spawning and then remove the mesh I bread many of the small fish in the same way below a pair of White Cloud Mountain minnows

IMG_5497 (640x480) (640x480).jpgIMG_3444 (640x480).jpg

IMG_5518 (640x480).jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back