Its Here My 566 Gallon 9Ftx3Ftx3Ft Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think its about anyone being jealous, i for one am certainly not and i don't think the majority of people on here are that shallow, the fact is that salt water tanks do take more time and effort to maintain than your average fresh water set up and anyone that says otherwise obviously doesn't look after their salt water tank properly, i kept a large salt water tank when i was about 16/17 with a snowflake moray, volitans lion fish, cream angel, french angel, yellow tang to name a few, when doing weekly water changes getting the salinity right is a must, this isn't something you would have to do with a fresh water tank. ph stability is a must and temperature fluctuations can cause problems and even deaths far more easily than in your average fresh water tank.
the fact is if you can't look after your fresh water tank, be it because you can't be bothered or your just bored of it, you should not even be thinking about keeping marines, i think the whole idea is extremely stupid.
but, people will do what ever they want anyway......

well if you can't be bothered looking after a fresh water tank, the last thing you should do is set up a marine tank that size. if you loose interest in things this easily then id say you shouldn't be keeping animals at all!
i say bad move, if your not interested then get rid and start again when the interest comes back

well tbh youve done the same as i know youve gt rid of fish to get new ones

and i have interest in saltwater not tropical and this has made me realize the fact

the fact is that salt water tanks do take more time and effort to maintain than your average fresh water set up and anyone that says otherwise obviously doesn't look after their salt water tank properly

well thats bull im sorry but i find saltwater much easier than any tropical tank ive had in the past
and i do look after my tank properly and am pretty annoyed you say otherwise

and to every one else i can see where your coming from but ive thought about this very hard and have even had arguments with my family about this so if they cant change my mind i dont think any one will

I actually think you are doing the right thing, I am however suprised at some of the comments of others surly its best you re-home the fish now before they end up in a poor state due to neglect? as you said yourself the interest is not there. Everyone changes there fish at some point, I cant see why your decision is any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back