It's happening

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 36x12x12 which I hope to be home to a trio of apistos and a group of ember tetra. Just for a change I have ordered a brown sand mix (Unipac Kivu). Everything else will be bits and pieces I have lying around. Haven't decided yet if its having a sponge filter or the little internal that came with my last tank so I have stuck a piece of flat sponge as well as a couple of spares from a sponge filter into the back of the nano to mature. I am leaning towards the internal as it will be on my desk right next to my head when I work from home - which looks set to continue for a while.

Any suggestions on how to break the news that #4 is on the way to SWMBO welcomed :whistle:

Ok, so I am admittedly "ignorant" when it comes to many of the abbreviations being used.... So, you can poke fun at me if you wish, I don't mind :p LOL . .. But, what does "SWMBO" stand for???

Just placed an order for a 36x12x12 which I hope to be home to a trio of apistos and a group of ember tetra. Just for a change I have ordered a brown sand mix (Unipac Kivu). Everything else will be bits and pieces I have lying around. Haven't decided yet if its having a sponge filter or the little internal that came with my last tank so I have stuck a piece of flat sponge as well as a couple of spares from a sponge filter into the back of the nano to mature. I am leaning towards the internal as it will be on my desk right next to my head when I work from home - which looks set to continue for a while.

Any suggestions on how to break the news that #4 is on the way to SWMBO welcomed :whistle:
Firstly, I must say I am jealous! Congrats on getting another Tank!

As for how to break the news... Is it the MONEY that is the issue, or the SPACE the tank will take up? Or both? This will determine your "approach" ;)

Firstly, I must say I am jealous! Congrats on getting another Tank!

As for how to break the news... Is it the MONEY that is the issue, or the SPACE the tank will take up? Or both? This will determine your "approach" ;)
She just doesn't like fish :eek:
Strategically arranged delivery to happen during working hours now that she is going to the office again :whistle:. Might just try the what do you mean new tank? - I've had that for ages approach.

I am also keeping how many pairs of designer shoes / handbags does one person need? as a backup :rofl:

She just doesn't like fish :eek:
Strategically arranged delivery to happen during working hours now that she is going to the office again :whistle:. Might just try the what do you mean new tank? - I've had that for ages approach.

I am also keeping how many pairs of designer shoes / handbags does one person need? as a backup :rofl:
I can use the "What do you mean new <fill in the blank>? I've had that for ages" approach with my husband (aka... HWMBO) to some extent with small items, because he tends to be a little oblivious... But I could never use that for a fish tank.... He would see right through it.. (Darn, I need to come up with something else when the time comes......)

Obviously, I cant use the designer shoes/handbags approach with my husband (If I could, that would worry me a little... :rofl: )... But I can use the "How much money do you need to spend on a gaming system, headset and battery charger, and how many video games do you really need?" approach. :lol:

Tell him that you would be rescuing fish and putting it to a good cause. (Or say its a research project, lol) :lol:
Oh no, I can't use that!! If I even were to say the word "rescue" and "any kind of animal" in the same sentence, I would be sleeping on the couch for a week!!! :D I used to be a Veterinary Technician and constantly took in animals that were either strays or no longer wanted by their owners.... At one point in time we had 4 Dogs, 3 Cats, a Large Iguana, Geckos, a Love Bird, Zebra Finches, a Large Spotted Salamander, Rats, and of Course FISH!! This was in New Hampshire before we moved to MI... Unfortunately we had to re-home all of my animals before we moved. :( We now only have 2 Dogs, a Crested Gecko, and soon Fish in my new 55 gallon tank. So, we have "trimmed" things down a bit! If it were up to me, I would have a small Zoo again, but he would never let me "Go there" again!! :rofl:

I am also keeping how many pairs of designer shoes / handbags does one person need? as a backup
Hmmf. Whole setup is costing under £100 - excluding shipping and fish of course.
Reckon just this top shelf could fund me a very nice new motorcycle
20200604_172244.jpg

Hmmf. Whole setup is costing under £100 - excluding shipping and fish of course.
Reckon just this top shelf could fund me a very nice new motorcycle
View attachment 105932
You might be right!!! That looks like a serious collection indeed.... I guess my husband is lucky, I am not into those things... shoes (I think I might own 4 pair?), handbags, designer clothes etc...

I would say that £100 seems like its not too bad for the entire setup... Fish you will be adding in "waves" over time, I assume, so the money will be spread out over time... That can be something to make sure she is aware of... ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back