It's been about 3 weeks..

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

luvmyfish

Reaction score
How long now should we wait to buy cichlids to add to the tank. And when we do do we give away those zebra danions? And obviously take out the betta. In the video we got with our tank it said to check the water, and then after 4 weeks to add a fish. So, if I buy one cichlid is that going to throw the other 2 off later when I add them. Or is it better to add them at once?

what are your water parameters. when your tank is cycling the ammonia levels should raise and then zero out and then the same with the nitrites. when all levels have spiked and zeroed the tank is considered cycled. you may get a cloudiness to the water. this is called a biological bloom. sort of signal that the biological filter has been established.

the fish should be added slowly. the addition of fish will cause the process of converting and removing the ammonia, nitrites and nitrites. the nutrifying bacteria will help to remove the nitrates. which will inturn increase the bacteria. don't want to overload the bacteria.

maggie

Well yeah recently there has been a slight cloudiness to the water. And the filter seems to be making bubbles on the surface. Unless that is our betta, but he never made that many before. he he

How will I know when the time is right to add fish? Right now we have 4 zebra danions and our betta. Any info will be appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back