It's All Gone Pear Shaped.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
so sorry to hear about your fish!! praying they pull through! that sev is just too handsome to lose!

Is wormer plus the same stuff?

Yes, is that what you ordered ?

Its made by the same company that makes the stuff I use.

Yeah that's the stuff, fingers crossed should arrive tomorrow morning.

Sevs white lumps are bigger today slightly although the sore redness has faded a bit.

Haven't seen anyone rubbing yet but the tapajo's are still pale faced and stressed, they've almost turned black on their bodies. Plenty of fin quivering although water changes seem to be curing the bigguns bad tail and fins.

Strangely the little firemouth in there doesn't seem affected at all. :huh:

They've sent me an email requesting my rating and feedback on my purchase that I can leave for them at tropicalfishfinder :shifty:

Shame you cant put on the pics of your poorly fish!!! I would be so mad if this had happened to me, I would have burnt out the telephone exchange by now calling them and complaining.

Shame you cant put on the pics of your poorly fish!!! I would be so mad if this had happened to me, I would have burnt out the telephone exchange by now calling them and complaining.

:lol:

There's nothing I'd love to do more but I can't see them owning up to it and it would only end in me wasting my time and breath I suppose. It is majorly frustrating! especially after how long I've spent trying to get hold of the right fish. His fins were so damaged though when he arrived that the lumps were hard to spot and I put the paleness down to travelling and stress.

I've left my rating anyway. Gave them 1 out of 5, was the lowest I could choose from sadly :lol:

the problem with ordering online like this is that they will usually only cover you if teh fis harrives dead. any problems with the fish once it is in your tank will more often than not be blamed on your water or existing stock. wormer plus is indeed good stuff but tbh i doubt it will do anything to help the growths on the sev , as it is more geared towards dealing with internal protozoan parasites . it can help with external parasites , flukes etc but these are better attacked with a med specificly for this purpose.

easier said than done i know but try not to pannic , remember fish are surprisingly tough and once the problem is nailed down , a fish has to be pretty far gone to be beyond saving.

good luck with turning things around and dont give up..

the problem with ordering online like this is that they will usually only cover you if teh fis harrives dead. any problems with the fish once it is in your tank will more often than not be blamed on your water or existing stock. wormer plus is indeed good stuff but tbh i doubt it will do anything to help the growths on the sev , as it is more geared towards dealing with internal protozoan parasites . it can help with external parasites , flukes etc but these are better attacked with a med specificly for this purpose.

easier said than done i know but try not to pannic , remember fish are surprisingly tough and once the problem is nailed down , a fish has to be pretty far gone to be beyond saving.

good luck with turning things around and dont give up..

Aye, that's what I was thinking, they'll just tell me it's not their problem and that the fish was fine when it left them.

Cheers for the support, does make me feel more positive :good:

The white growths definitley do not look parasitic to me (if that's what your treating for).. Probably bacterial. What are you using a wormer for exactly?

Update time -

I dosed the wormer plus on wednesday night, slightly under dosed out of cautiousness but will have to do the second dose 7 days later anyway so I can always dose that one correctly.

The sevs red swelling has gone and mostof the white lumps that were growing around it have gone too. There's just 2 small ones left which may be shrinking too. It's hard to say for sure as I've been out of the house since dosing until this morning.
It's belly now is quite sunken in and it's poop pipe and baby making pipe are both sticking out quite noticeably :crazy: A few of the other tank mates aren't far behind either.

Only had the lights on for around an hour and haven't seen anything flick or rub yet and everyone seems to be back to normal looking toileting colours.

Fingers crossed it is all clearing without any tragedies.

What's the best way to go about fattening them all back up without over feeding them and causing more issues?

Sorry to see this happening to you and your fish big eyes, fingers crossed they're on the mend

To fatten up I would personally go for some frozen blood worm every other day for a little bit

As a general question to all, is it worth doing a wormer plus treatment once in a while regardless of any noticeable problems or not?

As a general question to all, is it worth doing a wormer plus treatment once in a while regardless of any noticeable problems or not?

THis is what I now do. I am so impressed by the flubendazole. I understand that it is considered almost normal practice in some discus circles. But works just as well with other cichlids. I also dose when I add new fish.

Big Eyes .... for fattening them up, just feed as normal ... what they will eat up in a couple of minutes. I'd do that a couple of times a day. Obviously if their apppetites are small, then you'll only be feeding a little. If they are starving then give them their grub !

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back