It will never come out…

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

foxgirl158

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had a snail death :(. It was most likely caused by a prolonged period of being upside down. This snail, Cal, was a kamikaze, and I would find him upside down at least once a week. This time, I was too late to flip him back upright. His friend Felix is now alone :(
Obviously I did the tests, such as gently pulling on the trapdoor, with no response.
Then. I did the next test for the first time. I smelled him.
Oh my god.
My nose stopped working, I swear!
It was the worst thing I have ever smelled in my LIFE.
In all seriousness though, I’m upset about his death. I’ve lost snails before, but he was one of a pair, named after Sgt. Calhoun and Fix-it-Felix from the Disney movie Wreck It Ralph.

I had a snail death :(. It was most likely caused by a prolonged period of being upside down. This snail, Cal, was a kamikaze, and I would find him upside down at least once a week. This time, I was too late to flip him back upright. His friend Felix is now alone :(
Obviously I did the tests, such as gently pulling on the trapdoor, with no response.
Then. I did the next test for the first time. I smelled him.
Oh my god.
In all seriousness though, I’m upset about his death. I’ve lost snails before, but he was one of a pair, named after Sgt. Calhoun and Fix-it-Felix from the Disney movie Wreck It Ralph.
sad:(
i always flip my stupid nerite boi over when he decides being on the roof of the tank is getting boring and he drops off into teh tank
i wish he could make it easier for me LOL like maybe NOT go on the roof?
2 feet of water :( + duckweed

Sorry to hear about the snail.

I always flip mine over as well - I have a long metal rod just for that purpose.

Oh my god.
That's why I usually suggest a small cautious sniff :sick:

I always flip mine over as well - I have a long metal rod just for that purpose.

I use a bent metal clothes hanger...

I did my best to be cautious, no cautious enough apparently :sick::sick:

I'm sorry for your loss, it can be hard to cope with things like that imo - things like that make me feel guilty even if they're not inherently my fault.

And yeah, the stink can be pretty bad! When I was working with all the pond fish at my local shop, had one manage to get lodged in (or behind, can't entirely remember) the filter. Outdoors, late July in 32c all day for a good few days. Oh wow.
At the same job, my manager advised I smell the pond snails before giving them to customers to check if they were dead. :sick:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back