IS THIS WHITE SPOT

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

miss-yeppys

Reaction score
JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS IS WHITE SPOT IT HAS PATCHES OF WHITE ON THE TAIL AND FINS BUT WHEN THE BLUE LIGHT IS ON I CAN SEE SPOTS ON THE SIDES AND THE HEAD BUT THERE ISNT MUCH OF IT AS YET :crazy:

Attachments

• 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 147
Hello, I can't tell from the pictures, and I wouldn't really feel qualified to say so on salt water fish - it is a very pretty fish though - hope all is well.

ALASKA

if you are worried about ich it looks like salt sprinkeled on the fish all fish carry ich if the fish is stressed its natural defence to it is broke down meds and cleaner shrimp help

i have a question for you though how do you post pics in this thread

you can't unless there are hosted else where. and then you can just link them using the IMG button above the text box.

this was posted in members pics section but with it being saltwater, it may get a better response in the marine fish section so I moved it.

ste :)

ARRRRRRRGGHH :crazy: :/

The yellow tang has got it !!!!
Ive read a couple of threads about soaking the food in crushed garlic which ive done with brine shrimp and the seaweed so im gonna see how that goes ..
The yellow tang is going to the blood shrimps to clean him which they hop onto his body and pick at him so hopefully they will help, ive looked at the other fish in the tank but they are showing no signs as yet ;)

If i was to put cleaners in there would they not catch anything as i wouldnt want to add anything whilst this is going on???

Thanks anyway

No, if the cleaners are shrimps, they most certainly will not get it!

Ich only affects fish. Invertebrates may be harmed by side effects (such as the fish dying) or by some "cures" (copper), but they won't be harmed by the bacteria itself.

Well just to let you no my sad news :( :sad:
My sailfin & yellow tang have died and my 2 little yellow gobies both died im so annoyed with this dreaded white spot my midas blenny looks like its on its way out to....
I have left blue cheeks goby which has some spots on it ,clown doesnt look affected by it nor does pyjama wrasse the chromis has a bit of it ...
im gutted about my yellow tang he was lovely the poor saifin lasted 2weeks i really wish i hadnt bought it as ive never ever suffered with wspot before i dont no whether to mention it to shop i bought him from as the guy said this fish would be ok with ytang but buying him looks like its wiped out my tank AAAArrrggghhh!!!!!!!!
So i dont no what to do see if these poor fish either fight this or die one by one ive also took some substrate out as an attempt to stop the horrid wspot living in there then jumping on my fish so im worried for blu cheeks now as he only has a small patch to sift but he's eating so are the others apart from midas blenny but im still soaking food in garlic and going to see my own lfs tommorow maybe they can give me some advice ....... as i need it... wish me luck :dunno:

on my black widows there is this white stuff its not dotted around its like fur
?
:/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back