FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

giant19000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
60dfb8af.jpg

here's another pic

163b15b1.jpg

I got him about 3mnths ago at 5 inches now he's 8 maybe 10???

It looks to be a true Mastacembelus Armatus to me but if you can try getting a clearer picture of the whole eel(though they aren't considered true eels...) it may help a bit more. They can grow to 36" in the wild but I've never seen a captive one exceed 22".

It looks to be a true Mastacembelus Armatus to me but if you can try getting a clearer picture of the whole eel(though they aren't considered true eels...) it may help a bit more. They can grow to 36" in the wild but I've never seen a captive one exceed 22".
Wat about fire eels how big do they get in captivity ?

He eats market shrimp once a week feeder guppies once a month and blood worms daily and earthworms
Once every now and then

Mastacembelus Erythrotaenia(Fire eels) can get to 3ft+(36"+) in the wild but once again, the largest specimen I've ever seen in captivity is about 2ft(24").

My fire eels about 21 inches I bought it off a guy who had 6 and he had one about 28 inches long

I had a Tire Track Eel like that for years. It would come up and take chunks of food from my hand. It eventually committed suicide by squeezing out of the smallest hole in the back of the tank. Other than the fact that he pushed all the decorations around in the tank, I really miss that guy!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back