is this too small for a quarantine?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mlee0332

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering... I have a couple of 1gs in my house... Is that too small for a quarantine of new fish, and of sickly ones?

I would say yes, a 1g is far to small to use as a quarantine/hospital for the majority of fish since it is difficult to keep the paramaters of the water stable in such a small tank.

I see that your planning to move all the residents of your 10g into the 29g in the next few weeks, when they have been moved, why not use your current 10 gallon as a hospital/quarantine?

forgot to update...

They have already been moved. I have other fish that i put in those 10's ones a fry tank and the other is for a betta

A 5G I think is great. I use a 5G for that and my hospital tank, and it seems perfect. But my biggest fish is only about7 inches long though :dunno:

Ethos said:
A 5G I think is great. I use a 5G for that and my hospital tank, and it seems perfect. But my biggest fish is only about7 inches long though :dunno:
A 5agl is too small to use as a hospital tank for a 7inch fish, you would only stress him out further in it so a larger quarentine tank is much advised.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back