is this tank good for kuhli loaches/stocking ideas please!!

Iluvbloodyparrots

Reaction score
Hii!! I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this 20 gallon for khuli loaches (and probably a betta) or anything I can improve on in the aquascape or different stocking options I want them to have a lot of room and be as happy and comfortable as they can be thank you so much!
IMG-3104.jpg

This is a beautiful tank!!!! This would be a great tank for a few kuhli loaches for sure or a school of Cory’s because of the fine substrate. I think a beta or a school of tetras would look beautiful! Is there a specific fish you are wanting to put in there or a certain color?

This is a beautiful tank!!!! This would be a great tank for a few kuhli loaches for sure or a school of Cory’s because of the fine substrate. I think a beta or a school of tetras would look beautiful! Is there a specific fish you are wanting to put in there or a certain color?
Thank you so much!!! I was just thinking about the Kuhlis and either a betta or a couple of Honey gouramis. I was really worried that 20 gallons would be too small for 5 kuhlis do you think they'd have enough room?

I think it would be enough room for the kuhli loaches but I am not positive. Some honey gourami would defiantly look really nice in there or a beta. The kuhli’s need a group of 3-6 so 5 would be the perfect number. They like to dig so they won’t be seeing each other to much but they will still be fine to come and explore a bit. They have a low bio load so that won’t be a problem so I think that they will have a perfect little home. Please put up a picture when it is all stocked because I would love to have your tank it’s just so beautiful.

10 or more is a better number. These loaches will come out more with a lot of them in the tank. However, I'm not sure about that number in 20 gallons.

That’s just about perfect for Kuhlii Loaches. I say just about because even more plants would be better but yours will grow in. They will love your sand bottom and the little places to hide you made. Kuhlii Loaches are so kuhl (see what I did there ?) and are so comical and fun to watch. They display best in big groups and interact with each other best in big groups. With what you have I would fully expect to have fry from them within a year. I think you could easily have up to 10 or 15 Kuhlii’s in there. They are very low bio-load fish.

That is a very nice aquascape. One thing lacking are floating plants. This has quite an impact on the fish. Small "nano" fish are suited to this tank, but they will be skittish and nervous without cover. I don't see a problem with kuhli loaches, but you may never see them. Many aquarists find they remain out of sigh during the day (tanklight on, with open water like this) and only scamper about when the light is off. This could hold for many fish. Floaters would solve this.

I know many think they need "centrepiece" fish like gourami, betta, etc, but this does not work very well in most situations. Groups of small fish provide more active interest. A 20g is still pretty small space when it comes to the fish.

That’s just about perfect for Kuhlii Loaches. I say just about because even more plants would be better but yours will grow in. They will love your sand bottom and the little places to hide you made. Kuhlii Loaches are so kuhl (see what I did there ?) and are so comical and fun to watch. They display best in big groups and interact with each other best in big groups. With what you have I would fully expect to have fry from them within a year. I think you could easily have up to 10 or 15 Kuhlii’s in there. They are very low bio-load fish.
Thank you so much they are very kuhl :)

I think it would be enough room for the kuhli loaches but I am not positive. Some honey gourami would defiantly look really nice in there or a beta. The kuhli’s need a group of 3-6 so 5 would be the perfect number. They like to dig so they won’t be seeing each other to much but they will still be fine to come and explore a bit. They have a low bio load so that won’t be a problem so I think that they will have a perfect little home. Please put up a picture when it is all stocked because I would love to have your tank it’s just so beautiful.
I wil!! thank you so much!!!

That is a very nice aquascape. One thing lacking are floating plants. This has quite an impact on the fish. Small "nano" fish are suited to this tank, but they will be skittish and nervous without cover. I don't see a problem with kuhli loaches, but you may never see them. Many aquarists find they remain out of sigh during the day (tanklight on, with open water like this) and only scamper about when the light is off. This could hold for many fish. Floaters would solve this.

I know many think they need "centrepiece" fish like gourami, betta, etc, but this does not work very well in most situations. Groups of small fish provide more active interest. A 20g is still pretty small space when it comes to the fish.
thank you so much!! I have frogbit growing its just hard to see in the photo I wont stock it until It fulls in more. Thank you so much I'll wait to get kuhlis once I get smth bigger :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back