Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have had this betta for over a month now, and his perfect fins are ruined!! Please help me! It could be one of 2 things.....

1. Tale biting.
  2. His fins got sucked into the filter.
Please tell me which one it is. :)

3CFB94F0-5A66-493C-A777-63B5158C8CE4.jpeg
F3950F20-3E72-40D3-87C5-BB34D2D51E45.jpeg
92BAE590-E106-4CE9-904B-7CD47CCA4804.jpeg

I see you have a cover on your filter, so probably not that. Tail biting is caused by boredom, so you could try adding more plants, playing with a Lazer, etc.

I have a 2.5 gal. Corner tank API filter standard.

I was looking into some more plants.....any suggestions?

Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is the best floating plant for Bettas. It grows rapidly and spreads across the surface, and it can also be grown in the substrate where it turns into a lovely light green shrub.

If your fish is bored, you can put a mirror next to his tank a couple of times a week. Do this for a few minutes and then remove the mirror. The fish will see his reflection and show off to it while he tries to drive it out of his territory. When you remove the mirror he will think he is top dog and chased the intruder away.

I wish my betta would do that! He won’t flare.....:(

So I can put it in the substrate? The water sprite. :)

male Bettas only show off to other Bettas. If he is in a tank by himself he won't bother showing off because he doesn't have to.

water sprite can be grown floating on the surface or planted in the gravel.

Do you have some? Could you post a picture of some? Thanks! :)

Most likely tail biting. I have one that did that. I bought tall plants that he could rest in and a floating betta log. Try ping pong balls for him to play with too. Mine won’t use one but my friends hits his all over the tank. Mine likes the mermaid in the pic attached. It sticks to the glass and he can swim through it. He also sits on it. Got it on EBay. Good luck!

Attachments

• 0E3FEA56-334E-4AFF-9BE1-19DF87A64B93.png
    0E3FEA56-334E-4AFF-9BE1-19DF87A64B93.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 206

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back