Is This Safe? |Betta in Community|

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HotStuffGal

Fishaholic
Reaction score
???? Hola Everyone! I Hope I am posting this in the right forum, but by any chance I am not, please feel free to move this, Thank you. Now On to my question!

I have a beautifull male betta that is currently housed in a 1 1/2 gallon bowl. I am quite sure the big guy's happy in there but I was wondering would it be safe to add him to my 20 gallon tank.

Also currently housed in the 20 gallon is 3 Killi fish (small), a Pictus, an Albino bristlenose pleco, a candy striped pleco, an upside down cat, a sun cat, and 3 cory's. Yes this does sound a bit crowded but everyone has established their own cave or place in the tank and things work out great.

The tank is all natural. With natural gravel and river stone and slate and green plants the tank is (I hate to brag) quite georgous.

Well so whats your opinion? Is it safe for my Killi fish? Their fins are gorgeous and they are show quality fish I dont want anything to happen to their fins, but I dont want anything to happen to my Betta either. Any help would be appretiated, Thanks.

I'd be pretty nervous that the betta would feel threatened by the beautiful finage you mentioned... and also there's been quite a few unsuccessful stories on here lately about upgrading betta homes. I think if he's healthy where he is then it's probably best to keep him there.

MY BROTHER TRIED PUTTING A CORY WITH IS BETTA AND THE BETTA ATTACK
THE CORY SO HE TOOK CORY OUT SO THATS ONLY A LITTLE CORY IVE JUST GOT FROGS WITH MINE OR SNAILS

Hmm thanks for your ideas. Yeah after I posted here I searched around the site for similar questions and it looks like keeping the betta in the bowl might be the best idea, keep your opinions coming though please.

I'd say no because of the killies. They are pretty bright colours, and that would probably induce attatcking.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back